All reviews rice pandan star service mosquito netting other guests breakfast was included outdoor bathroom balinese style day bed quiet location amazing place field pools kettle scooter paddy villa
Reviewed 23 December 2016

My first review! My partner and I vacation often in Bali to escape Jakarta and wanted to try something new this time. We stayed here during early December and had a very quiet and peaceful stay. The unique decor and design of the villas was refreshing and even got us thinking about building something similar for ourselves! Christina, the director, took some time to show us other villas and now we want to try them all. Highly recommended for couples looking for a calm vacation or those who have an appreciation for architecture.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donpaisa
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Well so lovely with this place, feel like we stayed in ubud but close to the beach area,
Very nice staff, good email communication and I love it

Breakfast taste fantastic and healthy we love so much, I will back here for long stay
Anyway hotel offer drop and pick up service to canggu area which is very good,

Villa front of pool was super fantastic

Room Tip: Front of pool villa great choice
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ethie M
Reviewed 15 November 2016

This resort is real beautiful. The décor is like something straight out of a Lombok catalogue and really sleek and luxurious. Is worth noting that the resort is a long walk to the villages of Canggu, luckily there are push bikes and scooters at the hotel that can be hired for a small cost. We hired push bikes for 2 days which was a great way of getting around. We stayed at Kalapa for 5 days the last week of our Honeymoon, at time we felt like the any guests and had the pool to ourselves for the whole time – very relaxing. The breakfast is really good, and we loved eating it looking over the rice paddies in the morning.

The hotel Manager is lovely, and very helpful. However, when she is not around the reception desk is pretty much out of bounds – run by a young girl who speaks very little English and is not the most forthcoming when it comes to customer service! When we arrived after a long day of traveling from the Gili Islands it was quite frustrating navigating where the nearest town was for something to eat. Having said that would definitely recommend – and Canggu is a must for Bali travellers.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I loved the stay at Kalapa, where we spent 10 days with my partner. The place is very calm and peaceful and amazingly beautiful. It's a perfect romantic getaway without all these kitschy typical things. I love minimalism and rough aesthetics so it was perfect. It's all made with love by hands of the owner's son, as we lately found out. Territory is gorgeous and every corner of it is a perfect instagram shot :) Management knows their problems and weakness so they keep working on improving them which I find promising for Bali. And Ayu, the manager, is very attentive and helpful! Villa with hammock was my favourite. Will definitely come back! Oh, and definitely check the on-call massage there, it was really well-done and made by certified masseurs.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I have loved every corner of Kalapa Resort: it's position within the rice field at 5 minutes from the beaches, the stylish architecture and interior decoration, the friendly staff .. and somehow the weird Tokek on our roof "singing" all night long.
I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: any room is beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends