“Honeymoon”

Tugu Bali Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 375 Restaurants in Canggu
Price range: USD 3 - USD 22
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Referred to as the most romantic place in the island Hotel Tugu Bali is a place where, upon entering, one is transported to the most romantic times of Bali. Hotel Tugu Bali was built upon a passion for the romantic beauty of the art, history and culture of Bali specifically and Indonesia in general. When you dine at Tugu, travel back through time hundreds of years, and discover different eras and places of Indonesia through our cuisine. How you dine is not only about food, but it also involves many other aspects such as theme, the ritual of service, atmosphere, traditions, and history. From humble WARONG TUGU dining of the 19th century on antique benches, charcoal fire, stone and terracotta kitchenware, to the ROYAL TUGUDOM parade dining of the last emperor of the Majapahit kingdom of the 14th century, served by 20+ soldiers & dancers, an array of 10+ different cultural dinings are available to choose from at Hotel Tugu Bali.
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Food and service was absolutely incredible, definitely worth going! Wonderful last night in canggu!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Searching for a Balinese dance performance, we found Hotel Tugu Bali's website and became intrigued by the dining experiences offered. So we booked a dinner reservation, arrived at the hotel, and received the most extraordinarily personal treatment by the marvelous Wegi, who took care of us throughout the entire evening. And yes, the dinner was outstanding (Balinese platter for me, Javanese platter for my daughter, and Japanese sushi for my son)!

We happily returned the next week, reserving on Thursday night for the double purpose of watching Balinese dance while celebrating my son's birthday. How lucky we were to have Wegi's personal attention again (along with other fine serving staff)! We enjoyed yet another extraordinary experience, both the show and our dinner of Babi Guling (roast pork) and Bebek Betutu (duck braised ever so slowly in rich spices). The grand finale was Wegi surprising my son with a birthday dessert presented by staff singing happy birthday!

Thank you to Wegi, the dining staff, and the fabulous dancers and musicians for two very special evenings in Bali -- we will always remember Hotel Tugu!

Oh, and don't forget to order Gin and Tea from the bar, a signature drink at the hotel!

1  Thank Elaine J
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

What drew me to the restaurant was the promise of dinner whilst being entertained by Balinese cutural dance. Dinner was delicious and the service delightful. The venue was full, the ambience intimate & full of expectations. I was glad to catch the calomarang dance, it was fun and very well delivered. I will definitely catch the next one, every Thursday at the Tugu restaurant. Don’t miss the photo opps at the end too. Worthwhile capturing those colours.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

The food was very good and also the service was excellent! We saw the Balinese dancing and show and it was a fun and good way to end your vacation! I can truly recommend this place! Nice hotel and restaurant.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The Indonesian restaurant is set in a large traditional hall with incredible ancient artifacts and beautiful jewelry, some of which are for sale. The service was outstanding, which can be a problem in Bali restaurants. Our food and desserts were great. I would particularly recommend requesting the House secret sambal. I lived in Indonesia for 3 years and this is the best sambal I have ever tasted. Great coffee menu too.

This place was one of the highlights of our trip.