“All about the look & design ”
Review of Deus Cafe

Deus Cafe
Ranked #34 of 295 Restaurants in Canggu
Price range: USD 5 - USD 11
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, International, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Deus Temple of Enthusiasm in Canggu is a place where people have been coming together since it’s inception. It is a celebration of surfing, motorcycles, art, photography, films, music and all the other interests that make us who we are. We have the retail shop, bar and restaurant but what makes us interesting are the other areas; the motorcycle workshop, the surfboard shaping bay & glassing room, the photo studio, the skateboard ramp and the artist/music gladak.
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere, - a little to much design and show for what it is - ,
but; great Service, best fresh Juice, perfect Dessert (try Lavacake),
I can not complain !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Really unique atmosphere, with the shop in the middle setting the tone. Food was good, but a bit overpriced imo. Worth a visit though.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

When i think of Canggu I think of Deus; landmark of Canggu.
it's of the the first buildings in the area on the way to Echo Beach.
Cool motor bikes, paintings, t-shirts, good food, drinks, and GOOD COLD DRIP COFFEE!
Great place to have breakfast/brunch.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I love the name of this place, «Temple of Enthusiasm» really embodies the feel of this Deus flagship store. Retail space, art gallery, motorcycle workshop, restaurant & bar, garden lounge area, surfboard shaping bay, skate ramp, photography studio and awesome theme nights like «Tacos n’ Tattuesdays» and Sundays sessions with live music. The atmosphere is young and vibrant. Can it get any better?

It’s open daily from 8am – 10pm, so you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. The menu is extensive, you’ll find everything from soups, salads, Italian comfort food, burgers, sandwiches, Mexican staples and little snacks great for sharing. All the food and drinks I've tried have been delicious. The only thing I would say is that the service could be a bit better. I love that the staff have fun at work, but sometimes they talk a little bit too much amongst themselves and don't pay enough attention to the customers. But overall a great place!

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

I don't know if Deus is now just getting by on its brand name and the night life but it seems to be getting a bit complacent.
We have visited here before and it is why we went back.
We were seated and then it took ages to get the attention of the staff again. There were plenty of staff but they were mostly chatting and laughing around the bar area with each other.
When were were asked if we would like a drink the only drinks list we had were for non-alcoholic drinks. I asked if there was an alcoholics drinks list. I was informed by the waitress 'no it is broken!'
Finally the managed to find a drinks list for us.
The cocktails were good I will say that.
When we asked if they could call us a taxi they said they couldn't.
They then offered a completely overpriced driver service. The problem with this was we couldn't even deviate slightly to stop at the deli on our way back to the accommodation.
We left on foot and walked up towards Canggu. We stopped into a great little Warung we had been at a few nights ago.
We enjoyed a nice refreshing watermelon juice with great service. They had no problems calling a taxi for us.
Lift your game Deus the competition is closing in.