Lowest prices for your stay
USD 43
Hotels.com
USD 43
USD 39
PricelineUSD 46
TravelocityUSD 43
CheapTicketsUSD 43
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Have just left a 3 night stay at this hotel and only stayed 2 as we were so disappointed. Check in was very slow and nothing was explained , staff were friendly however seemed like they didn’t know what was going on. When getting into the room it was very ran down and dirty , I checked the beds and the sheets were dirty as though they hadn’t been changed from the previous guests . I complained and house keeping were apologetic and changed them but you shouldn’t have to be checking into a dirty room. Shower was filthy mould all over the blind and floor. The room also smelled very bad. It’s very expensive a can of coke cost $5.50 AUD! Hotel is a great location for beach the pool has a beautiful view but I also think the pool was dirty and I ended up sick after swimming with a head cold . I wouldn’t recommend staying here. Very loud even during the day.

2  Thank RoseyG90
GustiC40, General Manager at Aston Canggu Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

Dear RoseyG90,

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenient situations in your room, these matters already identified and necessary action has been taken. We would like to thank you for the feedback as we always strive to continually improve the quality of our services.

We appreciate you for sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Should you need any assistance for your next booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at canggugm@astonhotelsinternational.com

Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

I was doubtful of all the "dirty room" and "super noisy" reviews when booking, but BELIEVE IT.. IT'S BAD! The room was so dirty. All the metals were rusting, black mold buildup everywhere in the shower, floors were so dirty and sticky, years of dust pile up in every crevice, bathroom counters weren't wiped down, among so much more. I asked the staff to stop by to mop the floors and wipe down the counters, but not much came from that. The halls were littered with trash bags and dirty dishes.

The pool upstairs didn't seem like it was every cleaned. Everything was molding and the pool water was dirty and gritty. Going through the pool, I ended up with a massive clump of long hair stuck around my ankle!

There's a bar or club nearby that's pounding music at all hours of the day. I asked for rooms facing away from it, but I still got the pounding bass in my room through the day and entire night.

At 4am, there was apparently a circuit problem with either the hotel or my room and the electricity would cut off every 1-2 min for 1 min. This wouldn't be an issue normally at this time, but the AC would make a very loud beeping noise every time it came back on and it was very disturbing. This happened for at least an hour. I called the front desk twice and they didn't offer me any help or sympathy. All I got was, "we don't know how long this will be but someone is checking it out".

Also, I didn't understand why they couldn't charge my drinks and food to my room to settle up later. I had to pay room service with cash. They said it was something about my one night stay and how it would be complicated since I had already paid my room up front..

I travel a lot and often and I've never had such a bad hotel experience. This hotel was supposed to be my "last night in Bali splurge", but boy oh boy was I sorely disappointed. I wish I took pictures to share for the review, but I didn't think of taking pictures of anything nasty..

1  Thank grrroar

Dear grrroar,

It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction regarding the noise level. We do offer quitter rooms on our south side that can be reserved upon request. Unfortunately, during your stay, we were in a full occupancy status, therefore, regretfully, we were unable to upgrade your room to the south side.

Sound proof of the room has been according to international standard, but for the comfort of our guest we are on progress to install additional sound proof to reduce the noise in the room. Only standard room are located in front of the hotel and facing the road.

Our swimming pool is regularly cleaned and maintain however during your stay it was heavy rainy seasons therefore its impact to the swimming pool and kindly to inform you that we are maintain it for the comfort of our guests.

We sincerely hope this incident will not prevent you from availing yourself of our service again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2019

Great kocation steos from the beach and right across the street from.a great restaurant, Fishbone. Staff very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was average. Very noisy ares at night if you go to bed before midnight. Wifi trouble in our first floor room on and off.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GustiC40, General Manager at Aston Canggu Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

Dear Frederick,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience during your stay with us and glad you enjoyed our product and service, kindly to inform you that we are on progress to install additional sound proof to reduce the noise in the room and improve the wifi quality.

We hope we can deliver your expectations on a return visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2019

Be careful which room you get - we were on the 3rd floor and kept up by the people on the roof walking around. Additionally there was constant dance music coming from across the road at no point did it mention it was a party hotel

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Rose B,

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

Aston is situated in a very convenient location. Right in the heart of Canggu. The rooftop pool is the main attraction. It has sweeping views over Canggu and the ocean which also faces the sunset. Hanging in the pool and watching the sun go down over the ocean was a highlight. They had a fabulous dj on our last day that played a lot of songs to sing along to which made our afternoon. Such a wonderful space. The decision to stay there is worth that part alone. The rooms were average. Not dirty but not the cleanest either. There was a damp smell in our room that seemed to come from the pillows and sheets. The balcony that we had just looked at a big fence so wasn’t that impressive. There was no shade at all in the pool area which made it difficult to stay out there once the sun really gets hot. If there was you could stay up there all day. Also the pool bar was a little inconvenient to get to as it faces away from the pool and has a wall up so the only way to ask for a drink is to get out and walk down and around to it. The bar staff are lovely but they don’t come to you.

Date of stay: December 2018