“I will definitely come back”

Montagu Sandwich Bar
Ranked #46 of 300 Restaurants in Canggu
Price range: USD 3 - USD 6
Description: Sandwich Bar with a wide range of hot and cold sandwiches. Also available breakfast, salads, juices, kombucha, soft drinks and beer as well as healthy options including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Unlike many other cafes on this street, Montagu gives great attention to details whether that's the interior design, food presentation or, and most importantly: food quality!

Although it's on the main street, it's not as noisy as other places, which is great if one wants to have a conversation or do laptop work.

By far the best coffee and cakes I've had in Canggu

There's a bar upstairs too - I'll check it out this week

Adrian O, Manager at Montagu Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for your review !! I hope the bar upstairs was as good as the cafe ! See you soon again !

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Excellent spot for coffee and working on your laptop. The owners is extremely friendly, and the interior design of the place is perfect. I work in and Art & Design and the first thing I noticed is how great the interior is. Highly recommended if you like great coffee, atmosphere and style.

Thank you for your time ! see you next time for a coffee !

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Dropped by at this cool place on our way to the beach, and what a pleasant surprise! Staff really welcoming, nice decor, but what got me to sit down was the playlist. Really chill vibes.
Many tasty looking items on the menu make it hard to choose from, but we went for a Buffalo Chicken sandwich and a "make your own" salad - awesome idea! Everything was top notch, super tasty!
Bravo to the owners / team and we'll be back for sure.

Adrian O, Directeur général at Montagu Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you very much TomD2454OR for your review! looking forward to have you back!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I was travelling alone and it took the waitress 30 min to realize i am also a guest. I ordered a brocolli soup. They probably didn't have any so started cooking a new one, and thats why it took 45 min? I got the soup and the brocolli was undercooked and the whole soup was very bad. Actually it was the worst Soup i have ever eaten. The Waitress is also pretty arrogant. I took a beef brisket sandwich home with me and that also was pretty bad. The meat wasn't even in the same universe with brisket. It tasted like chewy goat...uäh

Adrian O, Manager at Montagu Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

We took your comment very seriousely and met our staff kitchen to not have these kind of problem anymore, we are working with a new fresh team with a lot more organisation.

About our waitress/waitrer, sometime the language/accent makes things difficult for them, but be sure that we told them about this issue you had and we will make sure that this won't happen again.

I hope you will give us another try and we will do our best to satisfy your experience.

Montagu Management

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We ordered some take away and we were extremely disappointed. Both the hummus-feta and 3 cheese sandwiches were tasteless, small and dry. But the worst was the beetroot and goat cheese salad. Don't really know how they can call this a goat cheese salad and not have any in it. It was just a pile of saggy spinach.. Do not recommend this place to anyone and was extremely disappointed after such hyped reviews.