3,533 results
All reviews club room sky bar infinity pool tides restaurant terrace restaurant club restaurant private beach beach view room arabian sea the main hotel the cliff golf cart amazing property coconut water ayurvedic spa god's own country beach side
Reviewed 2 July 2010

This hotel is just amazing!
Our flight landed at Trivandrum around 4.30am on 13/06/2010. Having experienced such a terrible time at the airport (long immigration queues, dirty airport), we had thought we made a mistake going to kerala. However this was far from the truth!
When we left the airport finally, the driver was already waiting for us and had been for around 2 hours! He made us very comfortable.
When we arrived at Leela, it was around 6.30am and we thought we would have to wait till around 11 to check in, however we got checked in straight away (well, after our lovely refreshing cocunut drink) and got to our club room.
The room was just AMAZING!!
It was so nice and clean and the bed was just divine!
After getting up from a much needed sleep, we decided to go check out our hotel and see what there was.
We went for lunch and had some really delicious and amazing food at the terrace.
We then took the buggy service to 'divya spa'.
That place is just heavenly. I immediately booked my 3 day spa package!
The staff at the spa were extremely polite and helpful, especially Dr. Bipin.
The next day, 14th June was our 2 year wedding anniversary.
We got greeted at the club restaurant at breakfast who wished us a happy anniversary.
We also had an amazing chocolate cake sent to us before dinner. After dinner, we came back to our room and it had been totally transformed with a beautiful arrangement of flowers with floating candles! We were just so amazed and happy that the staff went above and beyond making our stay just so superb!
There is just so much i could say about this place but in short, its a beautiful hotel and city where everyone is just so happy and friendly.
The day trips are worth every penny too, especially the backwaters trip.
The ONLY thing i was dissapointed with was the weather as i specifically went for the monsoon! But hey thats nature!
Be sure to try out the spa as the treatments were just out of this world. The massages can be very oily and slippery and at times a health hazard but definately worth it!! Asha especially was very good. Tiny girl but very good at giving spa treatments.
Would also recommend trying out the complimentary yoga sessions everyday!
Overall, the hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed in and will definately be going again!
Lovely food, brilliant staff and amazing scenery!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nim82
Reviewed 30 June 2010

A well run hotel that is ideally situated. We found the place almost faultless. Rooms nicely decorated and serviced well. The restaurants are all fine but if you are going there for a week or more do try the local restaurants in Kovalam. Cheap and incredibly good tasty food. Note that the next beach along can become really noisy when locals descend on the area in the late afternoon during the holiday season. Great fun to watch as scores of happy fully dressed people brave the waves. If you go and watch make sure you take a camera.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

A superb hotel. We went there for a business planning meeting. The arrangements were top notch! The beach is superb and since we planned in such a way that there was loads of free time, we got enough time to enjoy the property!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Overall, we had a good time. But would I stay at the Leela again. Definitely, no. The Taj Cove would be my preferred choice.

Several reasons: water leakage in our rooms and some small details.

I was surprised to find that the tea served for breakfast at the terrace restaurant was brewed from Tetley tea bags (the coffee was good). Surely a luxury hotel would not use tea bags, I thought.

Overall, we were disappointed with the lack of local dishes and variety in the terrace menu. We had to step outside Leela for lunches on two days just to sample some local Kerala cuisine, and ended up at the restaurant at the Taj Cove.

The other issue we had was with our room. The wall in our room was damp and had drops of water. We spent two nights in a damp room. This was before the monsoon had set in and I fear to imagine what it would be during the rains.

Lastly, I had an unpleasant experience one day at the gym. I was walking by -- and it was humid -- and stopped by the gym seeing that there were bottles of drinking water displayed. The gym instructor insisted that I be allowed to take a bottle only after I signed in the register. He claimed that he needed to tally his bottles with the visitors. I found that request odd and a bit unreasonable considering I was a thirsty guest who was merely borrowing a bottle of water, which was anyway a complimentary service. I had to almost fight for a small bottle of water, and that was quite amusing.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank indianbayrum
Reviewed 28 June 2010

It is one of the best in Kovalam. The rooms have fabulous view of the Ocean. The swimming pool is at a nice place as if you feel you are in the ocean with an excellent ocean view. The restaurants are not great. I think they need to improve the quality of the food to the Kempinsky standards. The beaches are at a walking distance. The children may enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family