“Tasty!! Tasty”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018

They provide some tasty dishes in grilled category. Select your fish of choice and request them the preparation you prefer, and I prefer their grilled and fried fish items. I loved their seashell roast time when I visited this restaurant. I would suggest this restaurant to anyone who visits Kovalam.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I read about Kingfisher on Trip advisor before I arrived in Kovalam.
On the first day of my visit I asked my husband if he would like to have lunch there. He said that we should try Grazia next door as the gentleman there should him the different types of seafood in the Seafood Basket. We enjoyed our lunch as the food was great, the weird in attentive and the price affordable.

Our son and his family arrived the next day and I begged my husband to take us o Kingfisher. He conceded. I mentiined to tge waiter on arrival about the quality of food tgat we had at Grazia the day before and what was expected. The waiter explained that instead of a whole fish we where going to have slices and the tiger prawns were going to be grilled. What we got instead was 5 bite size pieces of fish and 2 tiger prawns cut into little bits with some calamari and burnt mussels.

When I complained to the waiter he said that he would speak to the owner who was seated with customers for about an hour. He did not come to us. When the waiter returned we asked him what was happening. He once again said tgat the owner would come.

I called out to the owner who came hesitantly and explained the situation to him. He mumbled something not addressing our concern. I believe that mistakes could happen and gave the owner the opportunity to rectify matters.
Nothing was done.

Grazia a place to eat fresh, tasty and reasonably priced food with great service.

I am disgusted that I took my family to this restaurant and was very embarrassed. This type of restaurant will not stay in business very long.

We are worldwide travellers with a discerning taste for food.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank IndiraNaidoo
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have ordered barracuda fried fillets ( I had last time when submitted my first review about this restaurant a few years ago ) BUT end up with some strange tasted fish (def. not barracuda ) lots of bones ...WIFI wasn't working at a time of my visit . Disappointed ....

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Great food and service. Over looks the beach, so a great place to sit and watch the world go by. Crabs and prawns a must here. Veg spring roll is the best.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Had tuna and some of the worlds biggest prawns here in early March. Great food, although a little dark inside. beer served from a bottle wrapped in newspaper, and poured into a tea mug - an interesting approach for presumably clandestine reasons, but amusing. One of those places where you look at the fish in the freezer and pick what you want them to cook.