All reviewsclub roomitalian restaurantthe ritzhotel is locatedexcellent hotelluxurybrandcomfortchina
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Have to mention the recent improvement in the hotel's cuisine, especially several Indian dishes that have been introduced. I believe that this is mainly due to the arrival of the acclaimed Chef Paolo from India. I have to admit that I am somewhat of a pulao afficionado, but believe me his pulao is on a different planet! From mushroom pulao, to green pea pulao to my personal favourite maggi's soy sauce infused rice pulao! Paolo's pulao is simply superb. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
FSTianjin, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear bobssinclair,

Thank you so much for your Tripadvisor review on Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin and your very complimentary comments on our cuisine, especially the Indian dishes by Chef Paul, indeed that he was really good at what he is cooking and provided you with a memorable experience. I am delighted to hear that you would be back again which I look forward to welcoming you back to your Tianjin home soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 3 July 2018

One of the best hotels I've been to in Tianjin. In the middle of many malls and shopping places. Hotel has good services, e.g. dining alone in a Chinese restaurant isn't always easy with ordering food for one person. So they arrange one person portions out of the menu, which is great! Food is great there, though the choices of breakfast is less.

Nice gym, very big, with even yoga mats and all available. Fully equipped gym.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
FSTianjin, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear famLin-ho,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your Trip Advisor review, especially reading that you found us to be one of the best hotels you have been in Tianjin. We really appreciate your acknowledgement on our services especially your highlight on our Chinese restaurant team, which I will be delighted to share with them. I am also glad that you like our hotel's gym too. I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to your Tianjin home soon.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I don’t even know where I should start ….
I booked this hotel – with trepidation (given the bad reviews) - because of its close proximity to the places I was visiting on this trip. Oh, God, I wish I were wrong. What a nightmare it’s been… (I wish I could check out now)
Just to name a few
- The bar at hotel is really being poorly managed. First of all, the staff at the bar were too busy chatting to care about anything work related. (for a time, I thought there were the customers ). From ordering drinks (Actually, no one was taking the order, I had to go to the waitress myself after realizing it’s never going to happen ) to being ignored at the entrance (until giving the “staring” to get their attention). This is Four Seasons? Really???!!! Worst of all, not only did they turn off the soft background music at the bar – and turned up the TV volume to cater to a few local soccer fanatics, but NO staff member took any actions when a drunk start yelling with profanity on the phone – as if nothing happened. So they can basically bend the rules for few unruly and rowdy drunks and disregard the presence of all other customers just because it’s first day of world cup??? It’s just simply appalling and mind boggling that this could happen in a Four Seasons property.
- Getting some bathroom amenities took forever. ( had to place another follow-up call)
- A simple question for the front desk almost ended up with a bad taste in the mouth
- The room is anything but sound-proof – you can hear clearly the loud bang when the doors of nearby room are closed
- Changing TV channels is a hit-or-miss adventure.
- dirty plate - at the breakfast restaurant
- breakfast offering & quality mediocre at best
- The quality of face/hand towel, Gross? ?!! ( Budget hotels like Holiday Inn express probably can do better)

Well, as the saying goes…. Things happen for a reason – Tripadvisor rankings/reviews don’t lie! (Sure, there could be some “fake” reviews. But, generally speaking, avoid hotels of this caliber with bad reviews, if you can. This hotel is really a shame and disgrace to Four Seasons brand. (I’m wondering if they are really being run by four Seasons) Anyway, unless you prefer the location (like what I had to this time), stay away from this hotel , you will be thankful ! And You are welcome !

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
FSTianjin, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear shangTor,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the unacceptable experience you had encountered during your stay with us. As you can imagine, I am very concerned by the experience you describe having had at our Bar where the staff did not attend to you when you arrived or provide any other services which you had encountered are certainly not reflective to the brand vision of Four Seasons to which I terribly regret. I am frankly more concerned about the lack of details you experienced throughout your stay and again, I apologize for the obvious frustrations that this may have caused.

I do however truly appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for the time taken to share your stay experience on Trip Advisor.

While we always strive to improve, and react to any oversights or problems that come to our attention, please be assured that we strive to treat all our guests with the same level of care and attention. Please know that we very much appreciate your business, and I would hate to think that your recent experience at our hotel would cause you to stay elsewhere. I can assure you that your recent experience was not typical of the service standard that we normally achieve in Tianjin. We are passionately committed to the constant improvement of our guests' experience, as a part of which we take such complaints as yours very seriously, and do everything possible to learn from them.

I hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Seasons in the future, both here and elsewhere, so that we may hopefully restore your confidence in us.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of spending a couple of nights at the hotel prior to a cruise. Having toured other parts of China, this was an opportunity to explore another city and this hotel was perfectly located for such.

Driving up to the hotel belies the interior which is a modern Chinese museum once you enter the doors. It's wide open spaces allows one to feel as if it is their private oasis.

The staff is so welcoming and try their best to accommodate one's needs (especially Gary). The majority of the staff speak basic English but Vicky is there to help for greater understanding. Most of the guests are Asian but a Westerner can feel very comfortable.

Breakfast is plentiful with Chinese delicacies and enough choices for a Western diet. The Italian restaurant is led by the extraordinary master chef, Cyril, offering delicious cuisine.

We had access to the Executive Lounge which has delights all day including breakfast and a wonderful evening reception. The health club is amazingly large with all modern machines. The indoor pool is one of the largest as is the spa.

We loved visiting Tianjin and hope other Westerners will come to this gorgeous hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
FSTianjin, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear ZZMimi,

Many thanks for your very kind Trip Advisor review from your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin. I really liked your your description of walking in to a wide open spaces where one feel as if it is their private oasis.
It is also great to read that you were so well taken care of by our team, especially Gary, Vicky and our Executive Chef, Chef Cyril, which I will be delighted to share with them. Thank you too for your praises and that you enjoyed your culinary experiences in our Italian restaurant and Executive Club lounge, also our health club and indoor pool. We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to your Tianjin home and hopefully with more time to spend with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the Tianjin Four Seasons during the Christmas Holiday weekend. The staff was very helpful, accommodating our requests and gave my children little gifts as we checked out. The hotel has the best location in the center of the city at Yingkoudao station which is convenient to the bullet train rail station connecting to Beijing. Shopping in the area is nice and has views of the area. Unfortunately some of the hotel is showing age even though it’s still very new. Our modern shower, white marble vanity looked clean but the bathtub didn’t drain properly and the pool area was nice but the upkeep could be improved. The buffet was all right but not as nice as the Ritz’. The pool was much better than the Ritz’. If I would visit Tianjin again I would choose the Four Seasons just because it’s convenience and it is still new.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
FSTianjin, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear Tianjinandjuice,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your Trip Advisor review, especially reading that you found our hotel has the best location and it is convenient to the bullet train station to Beijing. We are indeed very fortunate to be located at the most convenient place in the city. It is also very kind of you to highlight on our staff being helpful in accommodating your requests and the little gifts for your children at checked out. I will also review the hotel areas that need attention on the upkeep of the maintenance especially on the bathtub's drainage and also to enhance on our buffet. I hope we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Four Seasons Hotel Tianjin. I look forward to welcoming you back to your Tianjin home.

Yours sincerely,