“Apple Fritters to Die for, Awesome Cakes...”
Review of The moose is loose

The moose is loose
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Soldotna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bakery
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Here it is, short and sweet: everything they bake is terrific and the hardest decision is what to order.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

OMG!!! If you don't stop here when your on the Kenai Peninsula, its your loss! Old Fashion Bakery. Walking in you get captured by that amazing smell of home made baked goods! Every thing is fresh and delish! They even have an area to sit down and enjoy a treat with s cup of fresh coffee.....you WILL NOT be disappointed❗️

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I was in town on business and I saw this bakery as I drove by. I am so glad I stopped in. Their donuts are very good and I do mean delicious. They also have road kill cinnamon rolls. They looked fabulous. The shop also has souvenirs which was great for me since I had a quick trip. I got dog treats, a Christmas ornament and taffy for co-workers back home. I really wish I could take this bakery with me. They had great bread and coffee too .

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

The road kill cinnamon roll is my all time favorite. I get one with each visit. They have pumpkin spice donuts now days. I got one with chocolate and one plain. This time I also bought a loaf of cinnamon orange bread. So good. I like the little chunks of candies orange in the bread. Great place. Sometimes it is busy and there is a short wait before they can take your order. It is well worth the wait.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I was traveling with a friend who insisted that we stop here. He lives in Wasilla and bragged about how good the donuts are here. Wel, after the first visit, I came back here every monring after for more! It's ah excellent bakery that offers more kinds fo morning pastries that you could manage in a month of visits. I tried a different kind every day (or a couple of kinds!) and was never disappointed.

The moment you walk in the door you'll see a steady stream of locals coming in for their morning treats. As a traveler, if I can find a local favorite, you know it' going to be good, and this is the place. The aroma is heavanly, and the disply cases will have you wanting to buy more. If you're like me, it was a hard choice to slim it down to just one!

My friend said it was the best in the US, and I'm not qualified to make that ind of claim, but I wasn't disappointing and neither will you! Just a word of warning, don't go in there hungry!