“"Fishing on the Kenai--Top of the World"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bob's Cabin & Guide Service

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Bob's Cabin & Guide Service
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“"Fishing on the Kenai--Top of the World"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The fishing with Bob has always been spectacular either on the Kenai River or surrounding rivers. The sevice is first class and the facilities top of the line. Several of us have been back year after year. Wether fishing at Seward for multispecies, a flyover for Silvers or a float trip on the Kasilof or the Kenai it can all be done in one trip at Bob's Cabin. We are looking forward to doing it again in 2012. With the varity of accomadations you can be very comfortable, as well as having some fantastic fishing! Bob is definitely a "10.5"

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I stayed for six days in early Sept. 2011 at Bob's Cabin. Bob had our time scheduled according to what we wanted to do: guided silver salmon fishing on the Kenai river, guided river fishing on a fly out to Crescent Lake, halibut fishing on a charter out of Homer, Alaska. We stayed at the main log cabin which we found very comfortable. No problems sleeping after an early fishing day! The breakfast and lunch were awesome too. We would recommend Bob's Cabin for both the novice and experienced fisherman. Incredible experience!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OklahomaRocky
Chugiak, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My two daughters & I have fished with Bob for years. We have standing reservations for certain times of the year. We cherish these times, just like Thanksgiving & Christmas. Bob runs a “Top of the Shelf” operation, definitely a cut above anyone else out there as far as Accommodations, Food, & Lodging with a top of the line Guide Service. I started using Bob years ago for Business trips & loved it so much that I bring my girls all the time now. There is a peaceful serenity on the river at Bob’s. I forgot to mention that this is the number one place in the world to catch monster King Salmon. A fish like this is a catch of a life time! Not to mention the Fantastic table fare. Bob makes sure every detail is handled perfectly every time. Go through the photo gallery & you’ll see my 8 year old that out fished 4 adults this fall for Silvers. She talks about going back every time we pull out a few Salmon steaks that Bob filleted & vacuum packed for us. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

Room Tip: I have stayed above the Garage & it's like a 4 star hotel, The Place is Beautiful just to t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JustFishin99567
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

In 2005 I took my Dad to Alaska for a week of fishing and memories of a lifetime, our first time to Alaska. At the time I had a son 3 years old son. The experience was incredible but we both agreed the cabin/service where we stayed was only average. The following year based on a gut feeling I booked our trip with Bob's Cabin and 7 years later my Dad and I continue our annual trip to Alaska and ONLY stay at Bob's Cabin. Here we are going into 2012 and my Dad, son and I are planning our annual trip to Alaska. No question we will only stay at Bob's Cabin. The owner Bob knows how to catch King Salmon (no easy task) and provide great accommodations meeting all your needs. Bob can use me as a reference anytime.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Hamilton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We went to Soldotna in August 2011 and stayed at Bob's Cabin on the beautiful Kenai River. The trip could not have been any better. Bob arranged a week of fishing expeditions for my wife and two kids. We had wonderful guides each day and the fishing was incredible. The kids can't wait to go back. The cabins are very comfortable and located right on the river. For those who don't get enough fishing on their daily trips, you can walk out the back door and continue fishing. Bob does a great job of organizing trips based on your fishing experience. I would highly recommend Bob's Cabin.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Monte H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
2.0 km away
Eagle Rock Lodge
#5 of 5 in Kenai
1.7 km away
Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge

Been to Bob's Cabin & Guide Service? Share your experiences!