See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a great stay!! I've traveled all over the world and rarely does a place make you feel like you're home. Cindi and Mark are awesome, every meal was great, and they went above and beyond in service. Rooms are comfortable and clean, common spaces are homey! Can't wait to go back in winter to try out the groomed trails!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Donnie S
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I flew out to Skwentna Roadhouse from Wasilla - just a quick 30 minute flight. We heard from others you could show up for a meal, so I called up Cindi and she asked what we wanted to eat. We arrived at Skwentna airport, and she collected us at our airplane. We later learned that her property is minutes away on a trail, so we will do that in the future. Cindi took over this property in December 2010 and she is already making new and exciting changes that will make the Roadhouse even better. As she prepared our 20 ounce steaks, she told us about all of the plans she has to expand the main lodge, add additional cabins, a bunkhouse and more. A number of sled dog and snow machine races stop here, so it is also a great location for winter activities. They also have their own landing on the river so it this is just an all around great place for activities but off the road for that true Alaskan adventure. Even though we weren't staying overnight, I checked out the accommodations. They are simple and clean. We will definitely be making the Roadhouse one of our "regular" spots. Cindi realizes that Alaskans are also important to her business, so be sure to mention if you are an Alaskan. Food prices are only slightly higher than on the road businesses. Of course, here everything has to be flown in. Room prices are totally reasonable. I highly recommend the Roadhouse, and Cindi is the perfect host.

Room Tip: We did not stay but the rooms looked clean, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank inluvwithAK
Reviewed 3 September 2011

My husband and I had dreamed of a trip to Alaska for years but wanted a "true Alaska experience" not just a cruise or fancy lodge. When we met Casey (the son of one of the owners and fishing guide) at the San Diego boat and fishing show he told us about the Skwenta Roadhouse and it sounded just right. He set up a package fishing vacation at the Roadhouse with his guide service (Alaska H2 Adventures) and it was terrific!!!! Cindi and Mark at the Roadhouse were great hosts and made us feel right at home, the food was terrific and the fishing and exploring the best. We couldn't have asked for a better time and will be back hopefully next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie W
Reviewed 2 July 2011

While traveling to Alaska to visit relatives, they suggested that we stay at the Roadhouse. Hmm, a roadhouse? It's where the mushers stay when they are running the Iditerod. Ok? I have to say that my family & I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The Skwentna Roadhouse is kept up very nicely. It is also under new management. Cindi greeted us with open arms. She has been updating the look of the Roadhouse to more reflect a true Alaskan Lodge. It was very comfortable. It is kind of like a B&B and a hotel combined. The food is not included in the price, but Cindi will work something out if that is what you're looking for. Cindi went over and above for us while we were there. One day, while preparing for our first fishing trip, she had extra boots for me, had packed "egg McMuffins" and a lunch for us all, and then even did a load of laundry for us as my son came home covered with fish slime! Then Cindi cut up our filets of salmon, put them in baggies, placed them on ice, & then arranged to have them shipped home for us too! We also gained weight while there as she is a great cook! Not to mention the free homemade cookies she leaves out on the counter each day! She also leaves water, coffee, and iced tea out too for all to partake of.
The Roadhouse has 6 (?) rooms. Some have a queen with a bunk set and others 2 sets of bunk beds. There is a men's restroom & a women's restroom. There is also a living room with a new flat screen tv, satilite tv, and a dvd/vcr player. And then there's Tala, the Roadhouse "greeter". She's a great dog! She even came & jumped in our bed one morning when we overslept! Overall, we can't wait to visit there again!

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family