See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 July 2011

While traveling to Alaska to visit relatives, they suggested that we stay at the Roadhouse. Hmm, a roadhouse? It's where the mushers stay when they are running the Iditerod. Ok? I have to say that my family & I were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The Skwentna Roadhouse is kept up very nicely. It is also under new management. Cindi greeted us with open arms. She has been updating the look of the Roadhouse to more reflect a true Alaskan Lodge. It was very comfortable. It is kind of like a B&B and a hotel combined. The food is not included in the price, but Cindi will work something out if that is what you're looking for. Cindi went over and above for us while we were there. One day, while preparing for our first fishing trip, she had extra boots for me, had packed "egg McMuffins" and a lunch for us all, and then even did a load of laundry for us as my son came home covered with fish slime! Then Cindi cut up our filets of salmon, put them in baggies, placed them on ice, & then arranged to have them shipped home for us too! We also gained weight while there as she is a great cook! Not to mention the free homemade cookies she leaves out on the counter each day! She also leaves water, coffee, and iced tea out too for all to partake of.
The Roadhouse has 6 (?) rooms. Some have a queen with a bunk set and others 2 sets of bunk beds. There is a men's restroom & a women's restroom. There is also a living room with a new flat screen tv, satilite tv, and a dvd/vcr player. And then there's Tala, the Roadhouse "greeter". She's a great dog! She even came & jumped in our bed one morning when we overslept! Overall, we can't wait to visit there again!

Room tip: All rooms are very comfortable.
Date of stay: June 2011