Hatcher Pass B & B is at the bottom of road to Indepndence Mine State Historical Park or Hatcher Pass Management Area. Nestled in the quiet woods cabins await you need to get away to a refuge of comfort and peace. Liz Jackson, formally known as Lisbeth, has created cabins with a homey feel and a delicious breakfast that you can choose and cook in your in your very own well stocked kitchen. From the beauty of the meticulous constructed well lighted log cabins, to Afghan throws, to counting sheep beds, and comfortable furnishings, you WILL have and excellent homestead to explore this unique area. Your cabin is not only down the road from Independance Gold Mine, and doable mountain hikes, but also close to proximity to the towns of Palmer - Wasilla which grew due to the Colony Farm Project to support the industry of Alaskan farming in the Matinuska- Susitna River Valley. Tour a farm. Visit the Palmer Tourist Center, Colony Musuem, and gift shop. Small but way cool-watch film on farm families who moved to AK from MI. WI, & MN and their struggle to create these farms. Eat a home cooked meal at the Palmer Hotel or wet your whistle around the corner at the Palmer Bar. Oh by the way you will be HELD CAPTIVE by mountains for they will surround you in a civilized kinda way. STEP BACK IN TIME! SLOW DOWN! WATCH the mysterious wind swirl that spreads the sediment that makes this land so fertile. Clear skies, warm sunshine, jaw at the presene of Pioneer Peak, named after these brave pioneers of yesteryear. All this begins, at Hatcher Pass Bed and Breakfast. Give Lisbeth a call! If you rest as I did, I am sure you will have the energy to explore, maybe even climb the valley butte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast where you will experience Alaska's finest log cabins with all the modern conveniences of private bath, kitchen, phone, and TV/DVD/WiFi. Nestled at the base of beautiful Hatcher Pass, Alaska - home to a variety of outdoor activities in any season -only 50 miles north of Anchorage, eight miles from Palmer, and 10 from Wasilla. Relax in the comfort and beauty that is yours at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast.* Hiking* Sightseeing* Glaciers, mountains, rivers and lakes* A truly peaceful, relaxing, and spectacularly beautiful area of Alaska* Barbecues, firepit for hot dog roasts and relaxing, decks with southern view of Pioneer Peak, others decks with view of the Talkeetna Mountains of Hatcher Pass* Comfortable beds, sparkling clean cabins, and all the comforts of home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatcher Pass Bed And Breakfast
- Hatcher Pass Hotel Palmer
- Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast Palmer, Alaska