We rented one of the smaller cabins for one night. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, but perhaps a little overpriced at $114.
As others have noted, the website gives the impression of a little hideaway, when in reality the cabins sit next to a highway and close to a gas station and convenience store. Still, it is convenient to Hatcher Pass and the Independence Mine.
The owner stocks the mini-fridge for a make-your-own breakfast (sausage and eggs, bagels, etc.), but it takes a while to cook anything on the little hot plate provided. There is a full-size coffee maker, which is nice for a Coffee Achiever like me, and a microwave.
The wi-fi service was spotty (2 or 3 bars, with several dropped signals) and the TV had just two working channels (NBC and PBS, and the PBS was iffy). The heater worked great.
All in all a good experience, but I do not think it justified the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast where you will experience Alaska's finest log cabins with all the modern conveniences of private bath, kitchen, phone, and TV/DVD/WiFi. Nestled at the base of beautiful Hatcher Pass, Alaska - home to a variety of outdoor activities in any season -only 50 miles north of Anchorage, eight miles from Palmer, and 10 from Wasilla. Relax in the comfort and beauty that is yours at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast.* Hiking* Sightseeing* Glaciers, mountains, rivers and lakes* A truly peaceful, relaxing, and spectacularly beautiful area of Alaska* Barbecues, firepit for hot dog roasts and relaxing, decks with southern view of Pioneer Peak, others decks with view of the Talkeetna Mountains of Hatcher Pass* Comfortable beds, sparkling clean cabins, and all the comforts of home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatcher Pass Bed And Breakfast
- Hatcher Pass Hotel Palmer
- Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast Palmer, Alaska