All reviews historic building purple heart stained glass local bar rooms are small older hotel carry your own continental breakfast is location is great fishing trip alaska veterans ferry convenience anglers waterfront landing
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is an "old school" hotel located above a restaurant and shops. The rooms are clean but small and most do not offer any view. Bathrooms are small and have pedestal sinks and there is no elevator. A continental breakfast is included.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Arrived at this "historic property" at 6:00pm and no one was around. Waited for over 10 minutes before a waitress as the bar / pub under the hotel went and found the front desk person. Checked in and room appeared relatively clean. However, it smelled like old socks and mold. I went down to the front desk to ask for another room and again, the front desk person was not around. So went to the grocery store to get a sandwich and returned. Saw a different front desk person and asked for a different room because of the smell. They said they would send someone up to the room to check it out. No one ever came. I had a very early flight to catch, so went to bed early. The bedding is very cheesy and pillows were worn out. I can live the the "quaintness" and small rooms in a "historic" property, but I came there to sleep, so please put decent bedding & sheets on the bed and replace the pillows with ones that don't look like they came from thrift store. Finally, the internet connection is terribly slow. I ran a speed test and they have a bare minimum 1 meg connection. Not suitable for a hotel with multiple guests.

Room Tip: Ask to smell the rooms before accepting.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2017

No Wi-Fi in rooms. Poorly managed. Manager lied to me several times about the resolution of problems. No need to continue as I will NEVER stay there again. Just trying to warn others of the multitude of issues at the Gilmore. It is not ''quaint', but a dump.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rick w
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We checked in and the room we were given had no towels, we called and they brought them up, the shower had almost no HOT water and the drain would not drain.When we asked about it they said "Oh that room always does that and it will drain but it takes a while" (yes it did 4+hrs). Also there was no one to fix it till the morning. checked in at 4PM When asked for another room they didn't have one. Went to brush my teeth in the bathroom sink, no COLD water.
I asked to a refund or discount and they said I would have to talk to the manager who was not there and she would call me. She has not and has not returned my calls either.
Almost forgot the window has no screen, and yes this is Alaska where there are mosquitoes
Come on just don't rent out the room, it not really a hotel room now is it?

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017

As President of Purple Heart Anglers, a 501 c 3 nonprofit, I can say that the owners and staff went way beyond customer service to make sure the disabled veterans we took to Alaska on our fourth "Trip of a Lifetime" was a complete success. Everything was wonderful. The food at their restaurant Annabelle's was fantastic. I would whole heartedly recommend a visit to the Historic Gilmore in Ketchikan.

Room Tip: There all fine
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business