“meh”

Papa Rod's Halibut & Chips
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Description: Famous for our Local Halibut Fish & Chips and our homemade Clam Chowder.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Dirty trailer, not sure why we tried it. Fish didnt seem fresh and breading was tasteless seemed as if the oil was old.

Trent W, Owner at Papa Rod's Halibut & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

I'm sorry you found the trailer dirty, I know the Manager of the DEC found it spotless upon every inspection. I 100% Guarantee all the Halibut is fresh, I know every commercial fisherman that caught it, and when you visited you were in the rush of the season. During that time you can ONLY get fresh halibut. We never "filter" the oil. We change out the oil every week, which is a HUGE expense. If you would like to discuss your visit personally you can call me directly, my cell phone number is listed on the page. I am more than willing to discuss your issues.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Papa Rod's has really Good first and chips, but go early as they do some times run out of many items by 3 PM or so and you don't want to be disappointed. Very good place and nice friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I was in Juneau for my Cruise and was on my way to whale watching excursion and we passed this place that was really close to where the ship docked and I knew I wanted to get back here if I had time after the excursion. I am glad I did! This place is a food truck/trailer set up on the left side of the road going into Juneau from the ship. This was my first time eating halibut and DANG!! Halibut is AMAZING! The fish and chips he makes are out of this world! Probably the best batter I have ever had on fish! The pieces of halibut are so thick too! My wife and I shared a fish and chips and a bowl of clam chowder that was equally amazing! I would love to get his batter recipe! If you have time and like fish and chips then this place is a MUST!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This is the spot. Fried shrimp, halibut, and fries are the best and at a bargain. Picnic style seating and tables.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We had a unique opportunity to sample a cross section of the menu. Every item was 5 stars plus some more. It was a meal that we will never forget.

1  Thank BSWilhite

Been to Papa Rod's Halibut & Chips? Share your experiences!