“Excellent service”
Review of Jewels by Kris

Jewels by Kris
Ranked #35 of 36 Shopping in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: Magnificent Jewelry Inspired by Alaska Must See: OROCAL Natural Gold Quartz and Natural Gold Nugget ALEX AND ANI Exclusive Alaska Bangles SHINOLA DETROIT Made in USA watches
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Great staff. We were here for quite a while talking with the staff members. My wife finally decided to buy a watch. Unfortunately, when we returned to the ship we discovered that the battery was dead. The ship left port so we couldn't return the watch. We contacted Jewels by Kris and they apologized and sent us a check to cover a new battery replacement. No problems. Their selections were excellent and worth looking into. You don't have to be on a cruise ship's "approved" list to offer excellent products and service. We will return when next in Juneau.

1  Thank Raymond H
"port"
"alaska"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited Jewels by Kris while in Alaska in August 2017. We were very impressed by the friendliness of the staff. I recognized Kris as someone I had purchased jewelry from years ago in the Caribbean. He had treated my mother with such kindness that I easily remembered him.

In Alaska I bought a gold and diamond forget-me-knot ring, pendant and bracelet from Kris. The price was very reasonable and the jewelry quite exquisite. Though this vendor was not on the ship’s recommended list, we had a wonderful experience and my jewelry always gets great compliments. I highly recommend Jewels by Kris in Juneau, Alaska.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

My then girlfriend and I spontaneously entered a jewelery store in the downtown area and started looking at rings. The owner was, in short, not impressive. Stood with his back to us chatting to a girl while his handyman ran numbers under his breath to me. The next store I entered was Kris's, and the experience was truly delightful. Kris gave me an outstanding price on my now wife's ring, and was able to do so in a very calm and respectful way. He supports his local community and does his part to help. I am a local myself and definitely support his business.

Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again!
Kris

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Because I was short on time, I ordered a custom item. Besides the outstanding and personalized service while in the store, Kris kept me abreast of the timeliness of my order. Needless to say, when it arrived I was quite happy with the piece and do not hesitate to recommend a visit to the shop.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My wife tried to buy me a watch for our anniversary in March. Unfortunately the online retailer that we ordered from cancelled the order in late June. Luckily for us, we were about to go on a cruise to Alaska and knew that we would have lots of opportunities to see great deals on watches in the ports. Once in Alaska, we went to a few of the big stores that are "recommended" by the cruise ships and found the salesmen in all of these stores to be unhelpful and quite pushy. We described what we were looking for and provided our budget, but the salesmen kept pushing watches that were twice (or more) than what we wanted to pay. One salesman even told us that we would never find what we wanted in our price range.

After these discouraging encounters, we almost walked right by Jewels by Kris in Juneau. However, my wife saw the large selection of watches in the store's main showcase and said, let's check it out. Low and behold, Jewels by Kris had the exact watch we were looking for, right in the front main case. The watch was perfect and we couldn't believe our luck in finding it. However, the best thing about this purchase was the wonderful service we received from Victor and Kris (the store owner). In comparison to the other salespeople we had encountered, neither Victor nor Kris were pushy or rude. Instead, both were extremely friendly, nice, and helpful. Victor quickly helped us and brought Kris into the discussion to make sure that we got the best price on the watch (more than $2,000 less than the price we saw for the same watch online). Unlike other stores we have been in, we both felt confident that we received the best deal on our purchase. The transaction was smooth, quick, and easy. Once Kris heard about our previous experience, he even gave me his cell phone number so that I can call him if I ever have questions or want to look into buying another watch.

While I was finishing my purchase, my wife found a pair of earrings that she liked. Without hesitating, Victor gave her an amazing price on the pair. We both walked out of Jewels by Kris happier than we expected. We have been to many jewelry stores in many cruise ports and never had such a great purchasing experience. It's rare to find salesmen as friendly and helpful as Victor and Kris. We hope to get back to Juneau in the future and will definitely visit Jewels by Kris again. I also plan to keep Kris' number close for the next time I am looking for a new watch or piece of jewelry.

Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hello sskat75,

We are so glad to hear about your great experience. Thank you for taking time to write such a honest and beautiful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are here for anything you may need.

Kind Regards,