“Truely a Personalized Adventure”
Review of Jewels by Kris

Jewels by Kris
Ranked #8 of 36 Shopping in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: Magnificent Jewelry Inspired by Alaska Must See: OROCAL Natural Gold Quartz and Natural Gold Nugget ALEX AND ANI Exclusive Alaska Bangles SHINOLA DETROIT Made in USA watches
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Because I was short on time, I ordered a custom item. Besides the outstanding and personalized service while in the store, Kris kept me abreast of the timeliness of my order. Needless to say, when it arrived I was quite happy with the piece and do not hesitate to recommend a visit to the shop.

Date of experience: September 2017
in 9 reviews
"port"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My wife tried to buy me a watch for our anniversary in March. Unfortunately the online retailer that we ordered from cancelled the order in late June. Luckily for us, we were about to go on a cruise to Alaska and knew that we would have lots of opportunities to see great deals on watches in the ports. Once in Alaska, we went to a few of the big stores that are "recommended" by the cruise ships and found the salesmen in all of these stores to be unhelpful and quite pushy. We described what we were looking for and provided our budget, but the salesmen kept pushing watches that were twice (or more) than what we wanted to pay. One salesman even told us that we would never find what we wanted in our price range.

After these discouraging encounters, we almost walked right by Jewels by Kris in Juneau. However, my wife saw the large selection of watches in the store's main showcase and said, let's check it out. Low and behold, Jewels by Kris had the exact watch we were looking for, right in the front main case. The watch was perfect and we couldn't believe our luck in finding it. However, the best thing about this purchase was the wonderful service we received from Victor and Kris (the store owner). In comparison to the other salespeople we had encountered, neither Victor nor Kris were pushy or rude. Instead, both were extremely friendly, nice, and helpful. Victor quickly helped us and brought Kris into the discussion to make sure that we got the best price on the watch (more than $2,000 less than the price we saw for the same watch online). Unlike other stores we have been in, we both felt confident that we received the best deal on our purchase. The transaction was smooth, quick, and easy. Once Kris heard about our previous experience, he even gave me his cell phone number so that I can call him if I ever have questions or want to look into buying another watch.

While I was finishing my purchase, my wife found a pair of earrings that she liked. Without hesitating, Victor gave her an amazing price on the pair. We both walked out of Jewels by Kris happier than we expected. We have been to many jewelry stores in many cruise ports and never had such a great purchasing experience. It's rare to find salesmen as friendly and helpful as Victor and Kris. We hope to get back to Juneau in the future and will definitely visit Jewels by Kris again. I also plan to keep Kris' number close for the next time I am looking for a new watch or piece of jewelry.

1  Thank sskat75
Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hello sskat75,

We are so glad to hear about your great experience. Thank you for taking time to write such a honest and beautiful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are here for anything you may need.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My friend and i visited Kris's store while in port on a Holland America cruise in Alaska. I was married only a few days prior and was looking for a pair of earrings to go with my new wedding ring set. Kris and his wife were very pleasant and helpful and ended up giving me a good deal. We visited several jewelry stores while in Juneau, but Kris's was by far the friendliest and least stressful. Although he was helpful, he did not constantly hound us as they did in other jewelry stores. He was helpful, patient and friendly. I have had to reach back out to him after my sale in order to get a copy of the paperwork for the earrings that i purchased and Kris answered my email super promptly, assuring me that i should be receiving it from the LeVian company within 6-8 weeks. He even sent me the request paperwork so that i would have it for my records.

In a town full of jewelry stores pushing their products on the cruise ship patrons, it was easy and pleasant to deal with Kris and his wife.

Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you Lisa! We appreciate your business and feedback. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Visiting Alaska was a once in a lifetime trip for me so while we were in Juneau for just one day off the cruise ship, there was no time to shop after our excursions. I was very happy that I found Jewels by Kris online and she was able to ship an Alaska Alex and Ani bracelet to me within a week of my return home. It was the perfect Alaskan souvenir for me. Thank you, Kris, for your wonderful customer service!

Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you Ann for your business and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2017

This is a charming family owned and operated business in the heart of Juneau. Kris and his staff are knowledgeable and down to earth. They made me feel so at home and welcomed. Their selection is really beautiful. They have a wide variety from Alex and Ani to the world famous LeVian collection. The chocolate diamonds are to die for! I love the timepiece collection as well: Hamilton, Ball, Shinola and my favorite- MAURICE LACROIX. It is right across from the cruise ship dock and I would head here first. The staff also is great at recommending restaurants, sites to see etc. DO NOT MISS - Jewels by Kris.

Date of experience: May 2017
Kris C, Owner at Jewels by Kris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thank you Kimberly for your review, we really appreciate it. It was a pleasure having you in our store. We look forward to your next visit.
Kris

Been to Jewels by Kris? Share your experiences!