“Simply ... the best!”
Review of Deckhand Dave's

Deckhand Dave's
Ranked #2 of 148 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Description: Seasonal restaurant open may- September. Offering wild Alaskan fish tacos and fish and chips. Locally owned and operated by a former commercial fisherman.
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Imagine that you are hungry and searching for a restaurant while in Juneau, You see a restaurant that has views of the water and happy customers. You have found Deckhand Dave's ... a Taco Truck with an Alaskan twist.

The seafood is always fresh. The food is amazing.

The beer choices will make any beer lover happy.

The service is phenomenal.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I'm SO glad I had done some research before coming to town so I knew to keep my eye out for this place. It never would have just caught our eye to know we needed to stop. We ordered the 3 fish taco sampler with halibut, rockfish, and salmon tacos. We also got a halibut cake to try. These are probably the best fish tacos we've ever had - for my boyfriend the salmon was the favorite, and for me the halibut. The halibut cake was just ok to me, but he loved it. It was hands down the best tartar sauce we've ever had. I wish we hadn't already eaten twice while in town (I just can't help myself!) or we would have gotten back in line for even more.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We happened across this spot near the cruise port and decided to stop in for some tacos, which ended up making our day! Some of the best fish tacos I've ever eaten and a good variety of Alaskan Brewing beers on tap. Service is fast and friendly as well.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

A really chill spot to sit and enjoy lunch, dinner, happy hour -- maybe breakfast?
I was impressed with all the local beers on tap, and all the different kinds of fish tacos - fresh and local, of course. Located in a big tent, right on the water, near the cruise ships, perfect for a warm day in September. And a great place to escape the crowds who all want to go to that tourist trap bar downtown !

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

First, know that everything in Alaska is pretty expensive. I mean, a pint of beer runs about $7-8, plus tax. With that said, my wife and I both had the three taco sampler platter, which included a halibut taco, a sockeye taco, and a blackened rockfish taco. Got to say, the halibut taco was going to be great because halibut is so good, but the sockeye taco was fantastic! Great spicy avocado cream sauce with pico de Gallo, shredded cabbage and lightly breaded fish all on a soft corn tortilla. $45 for two beers and two platters, but hit the spot!

Been to Deckhand Dave's? Share your experiences!