“Second best restaurant in Homer, but well worth a visit.”

Fat Olives Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We travel to Homer just about every May for the Shorebird Festival, and Fat Olives is always on our list for dinner. Very good food at reasonable prices. Second only to Cups in Homer. Fat Olives does not accept reservations, so be sure to arrive fairly early unless you want to wait. The pizza is probably the best in Homer.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I've visited Homer twice - first time we stumbled across this place and were pleasantly surprised at how great the pizza was (we got takeout). Second time, I made a point of going back here. It's really good pizza, and not just 'by Alaskan standards'. This place has great, fresh, wood-fire pizza by any pizza standards.
A bonus here is that you can watch the staff preparing and tossing the dough while you wait. Speaking of waiting - be prepared, the wait can be long as this place is popular, and has a restaurant as well as takeout counter. I believe you can call ahead though.
I really enjoy the vibe in here - the same guy was there both times, I think he is either the owner or the manager. He's really loud and makes quality jokes. Plus he is clearly across everything - making sure the staff are moving quickly and customers are getting their pizza as soon as it's out of the oven. Will be back!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Wife and I stopped in for a nice lunch. She ordered the Nonnies salad and I had the flatbread and meatballs appetizer. Wife loves the salad and has it about half the time we come here. My order came with a nice serving of meatballs and flatbread for dipping. I asked for extra sauce and it came at no charge which isn't always the case in a lot of other resturants. Salad comes in whole and half sizes (as do most of their salads) $10 or $7. My appetizer was $13.

The staff was attentive and friendly. One thing to watch for is timing. Resturant does not have large seating area so if busy can have a wait.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Locally sourced and lovingly prepared, we were thrilled with the entire experience. The servers are absolutely professional, clearly having 5 star backgrounds. Everything is made fresh... I mean everything. I had the best thousand island dressing ever; and my husband, from Boston area, had the best split pea soup in his life.

SUPERIOR!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Visited homer from the Uk, 6 off us and we ate here on 3 occasions over the coarse of 6 nights, wonderful!!
Very friendly staff, good food & warm atmosphere, definitely like to visit again if ever back in Homer.
5*****

1  Thank johnmT2568VX

Been to Fat Olives Restaurant? Share your experiences!