“Great Pizza (and not just 'for Alaska')”

Fat Olives Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I've visited Homer twice - first time we stumbled across this place and were pleasantly surprised at how great the pizza was (we got takeout). Second time, I made a point of going back here. It's really good pizza, and not just 'by Alaskan standards'. This place has great, fresh, wood-fire pizza by any pizza standards.
A bonus here is that you can watch the staff preparing and tossing the dough while you wait. Speaking of waiting - be prepared, the wait can be long as this place is popular, and has a restaurant as well as takeout counter. I believe you can call ahead though.
I really enjoy the vibe in here - the same guy was there both times, I think he is either the owner or the manager. He's really loud and makes quality jokes. Plus he is clearly across everything - making sure the staff are moving quickly and customers are getting their pizza as soon as it's out of the oven. Will be back!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Wife and I stopped in for a nice lunch. She ordered the Nonnies salad and I had the flatbread and meatballs appetizer. Wife loves the salad and has it about half the time we come here. My order came with a nice serving of meatballs and flatbread for dipping. I asked for extra sauce and it came at no charge which isn't always the case in a lot of other resturants. Salad comes in whole and half sizes (as do most of their salads) $10 or $7. My appetizer was $13.

The staff was attentive and friendly. One thing to watch for is timing. Resturant does not have large seating area so if busy can have a wait.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Locally sourced and lovingly prepared, we were thrilled with the entire experience. The servers are absolutely professional, clearly having 5 star backgrounds. Everything is made fresh... I mean everything. I had the best thousand island dressing ever; and my husband, from Boston area, had the best split pea soup in his life.

SUPERIOR!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Visited homer from the Uk, 6 off us and we ate here on 3 occasions over the coarse of 6 nights, wonderful!!
Very friendly staff, good food & warm atmosphere, definitely like to visit again if ever back in Homer.
5*****

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I go to Homer once a month and always stop for dinner here. I've always had an excellent meal (haven't tried the pizza yet but I hear it's wonderful) and the service is great, always a friendly greeting and very attentive. I'd like to try another restaurant but I just can't seem to get past this one.

1  Thank c0lleenkh

Been to Fat Olives Restaurant? Share your experiences!