All reviewspancakesother guestsfrench toasttrain stationgreat hostscookiesbrowniecar rentalgreat roomlarge living roomplace to stayfamily roomunique homegreat adviceno shoeshalibutour entire trip
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I never stayed at a B & B prior to my stay at the Denali Dome Home so I was amazed at how accommodating and what an awesome overall experience Ann and Terry made it for our family of four. Now if you have a plantar facia foot problem and would rather not remove your shoes before entering the main living areas, you might want to not consider a stay in one of the cleanest places I have ever visited. My husband is highly allergic to dogs, but he never had a breathing problem caused by the two resident house canines over the span of our two day stay; and the dogs were very quiet and well behaved - staying out of the kitchen areas just like any proper guest of a B & B, or of any other restaurant facility.
The home’s living accommodations were inviting and afforded so much more comfort than even my own home, much less any motel I’ve ever stayed at. If I wished for solitude I could elect to contentedly stay in our room, perhaps reading the numerous local attraction brochures thoughtfully accumulated by our hosts, writing post cards at a charming desk, or watching one of hundreds of DVDs from the DDH library. The large television in one of the commons areas had excellent reception but I found it difficult to concentrate on local news when the roaring fireplace was so warm and hypnotic, and the snow covered trees and vistas outside the home were mesmerizing and beckoning.
The wonderful odor of hot homemade bread and rolls, brownies, and other delicious treats drifted throughout the home. Homemade soup, fresh salads, fruits, and dinner entrees to die for graced the B & B dining table. Breakfast was basically anything you could possibly want to eat. Honestly, I am not used to having my every need and want be so thoughtfully taken care of. These are people who openly share their unique home, their numerous resources, their stories, and themselves to make their guests feel like special, long lost members of their family.

Room Tip: People with two hip replacements might want to chose a downstairs level room.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lauri E
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We've had the the privilege of staying at some very nice B&B's and met some amazing people. Terry, Anne and Bart raised the bar several levels. Their home is beautiful and welcoming. They are some of the nicest most genuine people we've ever met. Pay the difference and have dinner at the Dome. Terry's cooking is off the charts (Halibut) and their over the top service during the meal will rival that of a 5 diamond restaurant. Honestly, if you visit Denali and don't stay at the Dome... your vacation is a failure.

Room Tip: Book well in advance. We were there last week when they took a reservation for 2019.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aes31
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Fantastic B&B to stay when visiting Denali. The owners treat everyone like family, have cookies and a raging fire when you need to warm up inside and out. Great location close to restaurants and the park, yet on a quiet side road.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Kirk W
Reviewed 16 December 2017

This place is an amazing little get away. The room we stayed in was great it had a wonderful sauna in it and probably the most comfortable blanket I've ever felt. It's very cozy and has a very at home feel. Anne was a very accommodating and wonderful host. We loved the Dogs and her breakfast was amazing. It reminded so much of when I had breakfast as a little kid. The second day her son Bart was watching the property and you can tell Anne was a great mother because Bart was terrific as well. Our highlight of our trip to Alaska took place at the Dome Home. We saw the northern lights for close to 1 hour in all its glory. Red green purple shooting stars mixed in from the meteor shower. The 2nd night we saw it again as one long green road for like 1 hour. This property is great and so are it's hosts! You are also super close to Denali without having to be near that Vegas strip type tourist trap. Thank you for such a great stay.

Room Tip: Get the Sauna room!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Irish311
Reviewed 13 December 2017

This house and my stay were magnificent! I am a solo, female traveler and I appreciated the fact that both of the Millers looked out for me. I didn't need a big room, since I was alone, and they rented out the little room to me. It was VERY clean and they would come in daily to tidy it up for me. Some mornings, I left before the cooked breakfast, but there were items left out for me to eat. Healy, AK, is frontier country so there is a corner store and a gas station, no Walmart, Walgreens, etc. Bring essentials with you. However, the Dome Home is close to Denali. The only caveat is that there is no public transportation, so a personal vehicle is needed to get from the Dome Home to Denali Park. The Millers do have a car rental, as well. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely stay with the Millers again!

Room Tip: If you are alone, ask about the little room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo