All reviews pancakes other guests french toast train station great hosts cookies brownie car rental great room large living room place to stay family room unique home great advice no shoes halibut our entire trip
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Great place for visiting Denali. Terry and Ann provide attractive and comfortable rooms with all the amenities, a delicious breakfast, and lively conversation. Very helpful area information. Convenient to good restaurants and the Denali Park.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Virginia-8P
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Our extended family of 14 reserved the entire house for several days and we had a great time! I had some waking issues, but the B&B had a ramp to an enterance to make it easier. It was a split level on the inside, but they also had a ramp from the sleeping level to the living room area. Our room had a big TV and a DVD player in it. They had an extensive DVD collection we could use while there as well. The propery was simply huge! You could see the mountains easily from the windows. The breakfasts were made to order every morning, eggs any way you like, pancakes, french toast, sausages. They also had a variety of cereals as well. They had some refrigerators we could use and had hot chocolate and teas for our use.

They were also able to help arrange other tours during our stay there and provided good advice on things to do.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 5 August 2012

A family of 4, Two adults, 2 kids (8 & 6 years old) Checked in July 28 2012.

First the negative, upon arriving we met Terry (who was busy gutting his haul of Salmon) he seemed very snippy about closing the door because of the mosquitoes, definitely not a good first impression and certainly left me with a 'oh, oh what did we get our selves into feeling'. I certainly understand the bug issue but it/he did not come across well.

We got signed in, we were asked where we were travelling to next which I wondered about this outloud to my husband who assumed it was in case we left anything behind (actually good idea if you think about it). Terry seemed a little flustered and did comment that his wife usually dealt with this, admin, side of things, We were shown to our room (Room 4 on the lower level) and left to settle in.

Anne made a point of coming to our room to introduce herself to us which I thought was really nice.

After unpacking we asked Terry about the local restaurants and he was very informative.

Breakfast the next morning, we where offered a selection of fruit, cereal, baked goods and cooked to order food. I opted for the french toast which was 'OK', my kids asked for pancakes which looked yummy. Coffee was plentiful. The next morning I requested pancakes which were also yummy :)

Now to what I consider the big positives of our stay, firstly the room was spotlessly clean, which I consider a big issue, I also noted that the room on the second morning was vacuumed even though it was not required/needed, When I arrive at any hotel etc, I always check for dust, room and bedding cleanliness none of which where an issue here. I love the no shoes rule as this is usually the way we are regarding shoes in our own home.

In addition I should also add, my children have never been very keen on dogs although they have always tolerated them, approx 1 month before our trip to Alaska my girls were confronted by an aggressive dog who had slipped its leash at a local park, my kids, esp my youngest had suddenly become extremely fearful of even being in the same room as a dog. I thought that Ann and Terry were extremely understanding regarding their own (non aggressive/placid) dogs, by removing them from the room that my girls where in/around. They had also provided toys for my girls to play with, which they thought where great fun!

In conclusion, the Denali Dome Home is a nice little escape if you are a looking foe something a little more personal than the touristy Glitter Gulch of Denali. I would certainly recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ardb2003
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here three nights in mid July, 2012. Terry and Ann have a wonderful home and it is perfect as a high quality B&B. It was nice staying in Healy, which is about 10 miles north of Denali N.P. entrance, as it’s so much quieter and serene than around the park entrance. The hosts offered great park hints. They lent out coolers, binoculars and even bear spray to the guests. They also made great dining suggestions.
We stayed in the top floor room. It’s a quite nice, large and open room. Easily the largest B&B room we’ve stayed in. Open means the bath area is separated from the sleeping area by a waist high wall. so everything that goes on in the bathroom is clear to anyone else in the room. We were “strategic” hehe. The window shades sealed the light effectively, making for a comfy nights sleep. There is no television reception in the rooms, but there is a very large DVD library available.
I noted recent comments about the breakfast’s and agree that Terry has his hands full on busy mornings. I will email the owners separately with some suggestions. I found both Terry and Ann to be very approachable and pleasant. Terry was especially entertaining with his 30 years of Alaska tales around the breakfast table! This trip was a celebration of our 30th anniversary and Terry most graciously gave us one of his hand made ulu knives as a gift. It was a quite unexpected and kind gesture from him. My wife and I were very happy with our stay here. We would happily return and would definitely recommend DDH to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ChrisnLisa
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the park. Terry had great hints for how to get the most of our time in Denali down to where to sit on the bus (driver's side in the front). Great breakfast with Terry cooking anything that you wanted. We will definately stay here again on our next trip to Alaska.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple