“Best food in Haines...”
Review of Klondike Restaurant - CLOSED

Klondike Restaurant
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I can't wait until spring arrives in Haines, Alaska because that means the Klondike Restaurant will be open. Steve make really good salads and pizzas but no doubt he makes the best calzone I've ever eaten. They are very large which let's eat half and save the other until the next day. He offers a wide variety of ingredients at a price most anyone would consider reasonable. Don't miss this wonderful place.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We live in Haines Alaska and can't wait for the Klondike to open each spring. Steve built his own wood fired oven and has a special dough he uses to make his pizza and calzone. The calzone is large enough to cut in half and make two meals. Great service in a classic setting. The building was the saloon in the movie White Fang which was filmed here.

1  Thank Rodney H
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Located in the exhibition grounds, I think it is off the typical tourist radar. We loved the pizza here. It has to say best ever pizza. I have eaten lots of great pizza in my day but this pie is a competitor. Really quality ingredients made fresh. We loved iot. The waitress (pregnant) was super nice and we me the chef for minute to. Felt like a local here. It was the best meal by FAR taht we had in our stay at Haines. Can't reccomend highly enough. It was also very affordable.

1  Thank Bubbavon
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Came to Klondike for a wedding rehearsal dinner with a crowd. The owner arranged for us to come in after regular hours and made 2 different and thoroughly delicious salads (Sadie's is the best) as well as numerous amazing pizzas. My favorite was the one with potatoes and bacon on it but the others were also quite tasty. I do believe we devoured everything.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Great salads! Good variety, fresh and tasty. Pizzas okay - made in stone oven, so expect some bubbling of the dough and burned-blackened spots.

1  Thank Harleysis