“great meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed here and loved the hotel and the restaurant. They have done a great job in restoring the buildings. We had a nice view for dinner. The meal was just wonderful, probably the best halibut I had on our trip. I was excited to eat homemade sorbet for dessert (lactose intolerant) My only criticism is that the portions for the sides were small.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This restaurant and hotel are outstanding! The food, the service, the views, the history, the quiet charm. After over 3 weeks in western Canada and Alaska, my wife picked this place as the place in which she would liked to have spent more time. I agree. Hopefully we will get back to this area. This town, this hotel and this restaurant will be first on our list.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

As a local, this is one of our favorite places to eat. Head chef Shannon takes command of real food, and serves up delicious meal after meal. Everything made on site, including their ice creams! I've seen Shannon coming in from her garden with fresh-picked herbs, veggies and berries to be used in the evening's meal.

A cozy bar, or perfectly laid tables for fine dining are available as seating options.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017

There is nothing like riding around in Alaska on a motorcycle and finding a gem like this place. Although our attire felt a bit out of place we were welcomed without a reservation, in to the amazing dining room, and we had the most scrumptious meal. Our waitress was efficient and professional, as were all the staff. I can't say enough about how nice it was to dine here!!!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I can't understand why this isn't the highest rated restaurant in Haines. It's the only one with great ambiance, an interesting menu and good service. We ate dinner here twice in the week we were in Haines. It was the end of the season and several items on the menu were sold out, but we understood that. Jeff is always an excellent host. This is as good as it gets in Haines!

Date of visit: September 2017