“Small Starbuck's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 29 October 2018

No steps for entering and it is located between the shops and the eagle foundation. They offer seating outside. We only got coffee and it was good. Cute little shop and there were a lot of people coming and going.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 October 2018

The Hemp Hot Chocolate Milk is great. In fact in my two weeks in Haines this past summer the food is excellent and fresh.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We went here for breakfast and it wasn't bad. Food definitely above average but there is really no place to sit except for one outdoor picnic table and the wait was huge - think the employees were overwhelmed.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We were docked for the very first time in Haines so I had a chance to look around the town. Tripadvisor says they're in Portage Street but they moved to 2nd Avenue near the Visitor Information Centre.

There were lots of choices so it took me a bit of time to finally make up my mind. Ordered the Spicy Italian melt with a rootbeer. Paid for it, waited a few minutes to have my name called and got my food.

This restaurant doesn't have any indoor tables; only fixed benches by the walls for you to wait and that's it. If you want to sit down and thoroughly enjoy the sandwich you have to go out to the nearby benches. It was an impossibly beautiful and sunny day so sitting there was simply a joy.

The sandwich?? The bread alone will make you smile. Bite into the sandwich and one can feel and hear the crunch of the crust but the bread inside is very nice and soft. The salami and the other add ons?? Really great!!! A perfect combination with the root beer I ordered.

Left the area with a big smile on my face... Hope I can return next year!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We ate here three times in three days. Blake Melt. Get it. Enjoy it. Except to stand in line. Know that the wait will be worth it.

1  Thank Michele W
Sarah J, Owner at Sarah J's Coffee & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you Michelle, so happy to hear your experience in Haines and at my business was nothing short of SAVOUR!

Been to Sarah J's Coffee & Eatery? Share your experiences!