“Dinner in the Cook Islands trying the local food”

Nautilus Resort Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 107 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Price range: USD 7 - USD 26
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A stylish Polynesian beachfront dining & bar concept. Casual dining on the patio overlooking Muri Lagoon and impressive a la carte wining & dining in the main island-themed restaurant. Showcasing signature Cook Island tastes with an emphasis on fresh, local produce and Pacific influences -Nautilus offers a premium Rarotongan dining experience. Chef Michael Fosbender and his team look forward to welcoming you to the finest Muri has to offer.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We walked up here from our villas. Nice restaurant with very friendly wait staff. We ordered the island specialty Ika mata. It's tuna marinated in lemon and served with tomatoes, onions etc. , and finished with fresh coconut cream. This version was especially delicious. We had the fish. Freshly caught. Nice meal

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful ambience, beautiful food and good staff.
We weren't staying at the resort but came for dinner only.
Views were lovely and prices reasonable.
I loved it and would go back.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great service, beautiful food, lovely atmosphere and surroundings. Both the lunch and dinner menus are very good. I can recommend the lamb pita, it was beautiful !

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Together with ONB is the best restaurant of the island. The location is probably the best, elegant directly on Muri beach. We ate fish and steak and both main courses were delicious! Excellent selection of wines (we tried New Zealand ones). Absolutely recommended

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

As soon as you walk in you are captivated by the light airy space that this restaurant in situated in. Along the roof are ventilation slats that let the cool ocean breeze in and it's very pleasant to sit there.
However as soon as we walked in we were eyed up by one of the waiters standing at the computer, he then went back to whatever he waa doing without an acknowledgement. I had to say hello first, he looked up said hello and went back to his computer! No "I'm sorry I'll be with you in a moment" just a blank stare.
We had to ask them for drinks and considering how empty the place was it should not have taken them as long as it did. The smoked duck breast that I ordered was served cold which was very unappealing and it still had the tiny little hair follicles on the skin like it hadn't been plucked properly.
My brother had the lamb which he said was lovely, very well cooked and had a nice sauce with it.
My mother had the parrot fish which was severely overcooked and dry and had been clearly sitting in the warmer for a long period of time.
For my main I had the garlic prawns which was ok but again the meat was overdone.
It could have been just the day we went but the service really let them down.

1  Thank Emily G