“We'll be coming back every year!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Ootu Beach house
Ootu Beach house
Kitchen fully self contained
Bedroom with queen size bed, and lagoon view
2nd bedroom with 2 single beds
bathroom 1
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Tom K
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“We'll be coming back every year!”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We regularly come to Aitutaki every year in June?July with a crew for Kiteboarding. We have stayed at a lot of places but this place is the best fit. It has great position for swimming, SUP,snorkelling at the lagoon at your doorstep over the road. You can self cater using the kitchen and trusty BBQ or use any of the restaurants that surround the location. Easy access to the Koru Cafe for the best breakfast in the area. One master bedroom for the adults and the guest room can fit 2-3 beds.Shower has good pressure which is hard to find on the island and there are two fridges so easy to fit the beers in! Really a rustic bach feel with a great balcony outside for reading and entertaining.
Can't wait till next year.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Alan Rian...
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Beautiful spot”
Reviewed 3 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I Have stayed at Outu beach house this year for two weeks and last year for 2 weeks, amazing location, comfortable house, easy and efficient booking service, and transfers, prompt and friendly, fully reccomend staying here

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, right beside lagoon
Liked least: no problems
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
asktiffan...
San Clemente, California
“Too Hot- Lots of Bugs”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

This was my second trip to Aitutaki- the first time I went by myself and stayed at Samade Resort which is next door. This time I traveled with my Dad so we were looking for multi-room accommodation, and because of my previous stay, I knew I wanted to be on the lagoon side. Our arrival started off well with being picked up at the airport with handmade ei's (flower lei's) however, after that I was highly disappointed with almost everything at the Beach house except the view.

There are in fact 3 Ootu Beach Houses- this is #1. Of the three, this is the oldest one and it shows. Especially in the decor and kitchen and bathrooms. I went in one of the other ones and have seen pictures of the 3rd and we got robbed paying the same price as our neighbors for such inferior quality.

Between the three houses there is apparently only one satellite controller which is housed in #1. The people in #2 told us they were glad we had arrived because their TV had been stuck on the Cartoon Channel since the last family had left.

As mentioned by another reviewer of one of the other houses, we had a problem with teeny, tiny ants swarming all over the kitchen counters regardless of what was on the counter.

There isn't any Air Con but there are fans. The fan in the second bedroom was so loud I couldn't sleep with it on and it got so hot with it off I couldn't sleep then either. Basically didn't sleep except for naps on the beach the whole time we were there.

There were screens on the windows but the one on the sliding door had a big hole in it and the mozzies were really bad...really annoying.

I do love the location on the lagoon side (as opposed to the sunset side). I love the Koru Cafe. And Samade next door meant we didn't have to cook dinner every night and had a place within walking distance to be social. If not for those things I would give 1 star.

The one thing about this house that I liked better than the others was the front deck. It had good airflow, two nice loungers, and a fan.

I would only recommend this particular beach house IF you got a deal compared to the other 2, IF they fix the hole in the screen, and IF they fix the issue with the TV. Which- I don't watch TV at home much less go on vacation to watch TV- however the setup meant we were controlling our neighbor's TV and that was just weird.

There is no clothes dryer- just a clothes line- which is fine unless you get a couple of days of rain and now you're trying to pack wet clothes for an international trip.

There are stone fish in the lagoon and it hurts a lot if you step on one so reef shoes are recommended.

Aitutaki itself is HIGHLY recommended- just not this particular house.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
21 Jan 2014
The nightly rates we charge are alot cheaper than alot of the hotels on the island, considering the house is located right on the beach, and has one of the best views and swimming areas on the island, also great location with restaurants and a cafe within walking distance. Our minium stay is 5 nights, because this guest only stayed 3 nights they were charged a slightly higher rate of $250 per night instead of the normal rate of $200 per night. If you are looking for flash decor and modern interior be prepared to pay alot more per night up to $500 per night at some hotels. Aitutaki has no tv connection, this house does have sky television which is a bonus.
We have had problems with children leaning on the mosquito screens causing holes in them, but we have since had the holes in the screens repaired. The fan has also been repaired. We do not advertise that we have a clothes dryer only a clothes line to hang laundry. Being in a tropical island there are always ants or bugs, very hard to get rid of completly but we try our best to keep them out.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing