“Wonderful place to stay”
Robinson's Cove Villas - Boutique property in Moorea Island in the stunning Opunohu bay.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
master bedroom
Opunohu bay, by the lagoon
Opunohu bay where we are located
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Justin W
Cypress, Texas
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

This was my first time to Moorea and I had spent hours reading reviews on this site. Based upon the positive reviews and good communication from Denis, I booked Villa Wallis. This was the vacation of a lifetime for our 10th anniversary. Besides the language barrier and the mattress I have nothing bad to say about this place or the island. I would love to return again someday. Alix was helpful the very few times we needed her assistance. The Villa was clean and modern. Had everything we needed to never leave place. Dishes, utensils, appliances, WiFi etc... We too had issues operating the washer and dryer (in french)...no big deal. Had a couple car issues but I make my living fixing cars. Car trouble always seems to find me. Alix found what I needed to make temporary repairs. The road can be noisy at times but I was never really bothered by it. The view out of the back door kinda makes everything else insignificant. The bed in villa wallis was extremely uncomfortable for my wife and I. Thats my only true complaint....maybe that is an easy fix :) I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Its a little slice of heaven

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and Kayak
Liked least: The mattress
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
422sail
“No better view anywhere!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We've never stayed anywhere in all our years of travel that we enjoyed more than the Fletcher Christian Villa at Robinsons Cove! We had our own beautiful private yard and beaches, and the villa had everything we needed. Amazing views, with snorkeling or kayaking just steps from the door. I look forward to a longer stay next time.
Note: Stop on your way to the villa and pick up all groceries for your stay, because you won't want to ever go out. It's that nice!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
S0caldad
Redlands, CA
“All of the positive reviews are accurate”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Looked at the reviews of Cook Villa before booking with Denis. Everything is as depicted. Alix was so helpful, Pepsi the dog was well behaved and the cat...Sheldon...son of the late Victoria...was a gracious greeter each morning. Instead of echoing all of the previous positives in the prior reviews, I would like to give a few suggestions on how to make this location even better....this is somewhat difficult because one has to look real hard to find anything wrong:
1. Washer and dryer are in french. A short cheat sheet on how to do a basic load in english would be helpful. I hated to bother Alix about this.
2. Didn't notice any smoke detectors/monoxide detectors.I know they are required in all US hotel rooms. Just a suggestion.
3. The bed in the garden bedroom is small for 2 adults. Not a big issue for me since we put our traveling companions in that room and my wife and I took the beachside bedroomLOL. 2 twins would work as well.
Thats it. Cook Villa is very special. We stayed 5 nights before doing 5 on BB. The outdoor showers are unique, the kitchen is well stocked with plates, utensils, etc. The unit is very clean and kept up well. The internet works well but is a bit slow at times for streaming/skype. The positives are so numerous that I kind of feel like a dummy even bringing up the suggestions. Cooking our meals there saves a ton of money and going to the local markets...Are and Champion gives one a chance to experience some local flavor...no pun intended. Would stay there again. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and privacy
Liked least: Can't think of a thing
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PuraVida3...
“Chic et sauvage: Very nice stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Robinson's Cove in the Wallis villa in April and we were very pleased with the accommodation. The villa is a lovely rustic cottage with some modern amenities making it exactly as they advertise: chic et sauvage. It was great to have wifi (basic, not high speed), laundry, dishwasher, and a full kitchen to cook our own meals and save some money - load up at the Champion by the ferry dock before arriving (note: if you arrive Sunday, it is only open in the morning). The verandah is superb with a variety of seating to lounge around and enjoy the views. After reading others' reviews about the mosquitoes, I was nervous but they were not that bad mid April when we were there which was great. Alix, the onsite concierge, did give us some local bug spray which is much more effective than spray brought from home. There are no screens on the sliding doors which is surprisingly not uncommon in tropical locales with mosquitoes for some strange reason (as a Canadian, no screens on doors and windows is a very foreign concept). The showers are also open air which we really enjoyed but if you are not into open air concept living, this may not be the place for you although there is a/c in the bedrooms. The deposit that is required for booking seemed very high to me but it was returned within a week of our departure. Some previous reviewers comment on the fact that the villa is on the main road and that this makes it noisy - seeing as most accommodation on Moorea is on this same road, I don't see how you can really avoid this unless you are at one of the big resorts that sit on larger properties. If you are looking for a luxury resort style accommodation, don't stay here. But, if you are looking for a private, rustic yet charming accommodation, Villa Wallis is for you!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing