To make it short, a average backpacker hostel with everything you need:
- public kitchen
- free wifi and internet
- big comunal area
- TV lounge
- little restaurant and bar
- free lockers inside the dorm
What makes it very nice to me is the very big garden with swimming pool, hammocks, bonfire and sitting area. Just perfect to hang around and to chat to your fellow travelers.
The only downside: The beds are not the best and the furniture looks a bit shabby.
But the next time in San Jose I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose