“This is the best roof top bar in the central valley”

8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #112 of 831 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 8ctavo Rooftop offers a combination of premium cuisine using only fresh and local ingredients, amazing views of the Central Valley and great music nightly.
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The staff is professional, amazing views, food used to be average but with the new chef the last year everything I have eaten has been amazing. Always great music, fun place to hang out. I take quite a few business clients here as well because of the atmosphere, you can have a meeting and then enjoy the club later on.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The food fantastic and service is fantastic. It's a cool set up because it's like a convertible SkyBar with the restaurant tucked into an back enclave. My friends really enjoyed being able to move between the two areas The staff is multi-talented, friendly and patient with our poor Spanish. They bent backwards accommodating all of our special diet requests as well. Parking is a breeze and Uber is in the lobby.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The food is delicious, the view of the top of Sheraton is good. It seemed that the restaurant is also a bar at night. The seafood is delicious.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Went to this restarunt to enjoy the New Years eve celebration. We arrive at 11;15, Paid our $100, and went in. At midnight, we still had not made it to the bar for our first drinK. Left about 3AM. Had three drinks.

They over sold the place, did not have enough bartenders.

DON'T DO THIS FOR 2019

2  Thank Bradford S
Reviewed 17 November 2017

My server was very accommodating. I really enjoyed the mushroom soup on the room service menu and asked for it again. The upstairs kitchen made me a fresh batch because they couldn't get the same soup from the room service menu. I was very pleased that he went to such trouble to accommodate me.