“Awful New Year Eve party”

8ctavo Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #111 of 829 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 8ctavo Rooftop offers a combination of premium cuisine using only fresh and local ingredients, amazing views of the Central Valley and great music nightly.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Went to this restarunt to enjoy the New Years eve celebration. We arrive at 11;15, Paid our $100, and went in. At midnight, we still had not made it to the bar for our first drinK. Left about 3AM. Had three drinks.

They over sold the place, did not have enough bartenders.

DON'T DO THIS FOR 2019

2  Thank Bradford S

Reviewed 17 November 2017

My server was very accommodating. I really enjoyed the mushroom soup on the room service menu and asked for it again. The upstairs kitchen made me a fresh batch because they couldn't get the same soup from the room service menu. I was very pleased that he went to such trouble to accommodate me.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Came here to celebrate a friend's birthday. Absolutely stunning view from the restaurant and bar!
If you dine at the restaurant, entrance to the bar is free; otherwise there's an entrance fee to the bar.
They serve very delicious food at the restaurant. Fancy place to celebrate important days or for a more casual business dinner/party.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I think this is one of the worst restaurants I had ever been too. The food is horrible and besides for the fact that it is not tasty..it is not fresh and will leave you ending up with a stomach ache and sending you to the bathroom! We ordered 5 meals and each one was less eatable then the other. Even the pizza was not eatable.. the service was okay. Live band was so loud and I couldn't hear my family, even though we sat at the other end of the place. My family and I had stayed over a week in Costa Rica (not in San Jose), we've ate at little local restaurants and big known restaurants, we ate out three times a day and this is by far the worst. Thanks for the stomach ache.

1  Thank May B
Reviewed 8 August 2017

service and food were great, special instructions for food or drink preparation were possible and followed. The quality of the food combined with the amazing views makes this a great place to have something to eat.