“We shall return!”

La Bodeguita Del Medio
Ranked #40 of 830 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The most famous Cuban restaurant of the World. Live Music, Caribbean Food, and the Original Mojitos.
Reviewed 5 August 2018

An evening of relaxation, with an abundance of vibe, and zest that would make anyone crave more. The atmosphere portrayed a sense of urban vitality mixed with a Central American twist. We spent hours, meandering through our journeys past, and future, as music embraced the air. The time ran away, quicker than a flash, with each minuted tinged with an essence of Cuba.

The drinks, albeit, rather expensive, were served by attentive, and polite waiters & waitresses who had a single focus: to make our experience memorable.

On our return, we will taste the abundance of food on offer, and will be, I am sure, equally as impressed by this zesty establishment.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Went to la Bodeguita del Medio because I thought it was an authentic Cuban Restaurant. Maybe this restaurant chain is known in many countries, but the one in Costa Rica is not really Cuban. Normally Cuban restaurants offer garlic bread while waiting for the ordered food. I found this weird because it wasn’t even offered. I checked the menu and it seemed Cuban, but when I got the Cuban sandwich I ordered it was far from Cuban. I went with other 8 people and saw what they ordered and really could tell it was not Cuban authentic food. The only Cuban thing besides the flag in this restaurant are the singers...and this was confirmed by our server which was also Costa Rican. If you just want to be in a restaurant with a bit of Cuban environment and do not care about tasting real Cuban food, this place is fine, but not the real Cuban experience.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

If you ever, ever, want the “Cuban Experience”, well, in Costa Rica is the right place.
Since you are in the front door, you can feel the chill environment and the good vibes, when you sit to drink a mojito, or a beer, or eat a delicious “Yuca al Mojo Cubano” you travel places, you’ve never knew they existed.
The house chef delivering the food you order directly in the table is a tiny but remarkable detail. Good food, good attentions, good drink and a chill environment is a excellent experience and La Bodeguita del Medio is a place everyone should go when in San José.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Great place, mojitos and band were great! awesome service! The decor and ambiance was just what we (our group) were looking for to have fun, but still be able to carry on a conversation at the table while enjoying it all! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I'm not used to tour groups but on our first night as a group our tour guide booked this place. It's a cool quirky place. The food leaves alot to be desired nothing special. I ordered their signature pork dish with boiled cassava, pork was dry and I had to force myself to finish it as it hate wasting food. Great mojitos though. Reasonable prices and really good friendly service, it's a shame that the main event (food) let it down.