“Budget friendly typical Costa Rican food!”

Restaurant El Jardin San Jose
Ranked #86 of 831 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: Latin, International
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017

If you are looking for great Costa Rican food at a reasonable price, this is the place for you. Although the menu has a lot more than just the typical "Casado", I would say that it is the best option available. The Casado comes with the traditional accompaniments but you can choose from over a dozen varieties of meat and fish. With a national drink to go with it, you're looking at under $6 and they don't skimp on the servings!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Closed now name is SALENA- When El Jardin- great waitress -full bar-onion rings /great/ Now CLOSED Salena part of hoste that also was part of hotel Rincon. So-so in quality- disco/dj on fri y sat- no menu posted outside hard to find!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Food was very good. Atmosphere was excellent. Cost was normal. I was hoping things were cheaper in Costa Rica but our meal was $70 for family of 4

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I wanted to try some traditional Costa Rican food. I had tried some in a couple of other restaurants and to be honest it was a bit bland compared to say Mexican food. I had the traditional chicken meal at Al Jardin and it was very good. Everything was fresh and it was very flavorful. I don't know who has the most traditional version, but I liked Jardin's version much better. The atmosphere is very contemporary and relaxed. It has a garden feel to it. The prices were very good as well. I went back the next night to try the shrimp pasta. It was also very good, but I really liked the traditional chicken dish.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We stopped in because we were in the area. We had "BBQ" buffet- choice of meat (or veg) with a buffet of sides. The steak was decent, my dinner partner's pork chop was decent, and the sides were good. The drinks were good, and the waitress was lovely.