All reviews hotel mona lisa costa rica nice casino flat screen spent nights rice beans a great place to stay rooms are spacious street noise close to downtown viviana barrio upgrades jaco cab
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Best stay that I have has in my five trips to CR. First stay at the Taormina Hotel and Casino. The room was very warm and clean. Customer service from the staff was wonderful !!! Food at the restaurant from breakfast to dinner was great.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank johnsobr52
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Stayed here this past weekend with me and my 3 buddies. The front desk and staff are outstanding! The restaurant served breakfast in the morning, and was delicious with a lot of choices! The rooms were very clean, AC was very nice. We will absolutely stay there again when we go back to San Jose!

Room tip: its around a 30 minute taxi ride from airport
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Had a good time with friends, the hotel has nice rooms and a casino. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and the staff was very courteous. The bar stay open pretty late. Very spacious bathroom in the room I stayed in.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a 3 day stay at the Taormina Hotel/Casino. It was supposed to be a short stay in San Jose so time was precious. On the first night I discovered that the shower in my room did not work properly and the tub did not drain. The water rose half way up to my calf. The next morning around 1130am I stopped at the Front Desk to inform them. After speaking with an unsympathetic Front Desk Manager who did not believe me (maintenance actually confirmed this as we waited an hour to look at it) we were moved to another room on the third floor. After settling in I tried to take a shower again only to find this one would not shut off! Again my friend and I go down to the front desk to inform them. Again, the FD Manager named Jose did not believe us as he smiled and laughed at the situation. (which angered me even more!) Once again we have to wait for maintenance to come up to inspect it only to confirm that Yes, it is broken! At this point I ask to speak with me General Manager, Arnaldo. He informs us that the third floor has been under renovation and this particular room was the last one completed and should not have been given to us. mind you, it is now around 4pm. The GM apologized and offers to move us to a larger room (Which we do not need!). It is supposed to be one of their best, most superior rooms. He also throws in lunch for the 2 of us which only amounts to a $9.00 voucher! I just want to get on with my day, so we agree. He promised that it would be perfect. It was not! The keys that they gave us did not open the door. We had to go back down and have them reprogrammed . Upon entering the room, we found that there was no safe on the wall in the hallway closet! And the sliding glass doors did not even work properly and nor did the inside light switches! Now we have to wait again for maintenance to find a safe and install it. I called the GM again to let him know that his superior room was far from superior! He actually offered to buy me a beer for my troubles! Are you serious?? I am way beyond a beer! One by one, after I get off the phone with him, I find MORE problems! I went to pull the toilet paper down and the entire roll along with its spring loaded cylinder came crashing down and fell apart all over the floor! (I actually took this down to the FD Manager so he could see it! By the end of our stay, it was never replaced! I have pictures!) We also found that the TV did not work. The refrigerator was not plugged in and there were ZERO trash cans in the room and bathroom! The room also smelled bad! The time now is around 6pm! We lost the entire midday dealing with these issues. Here is the worst part. The FD Manager and GM refused to do anything more and offered no discount! At one point, I said to the FD Manger to do the right thing and at LEAST refund us one night! (I had already prepaid) But they refused. How many of you would tolerate this sort of unprofessional customer service? You would think that at some point, they would try to do anything to accommodate a guest who has been so inconvenienced so that they may want to come back again. I like this hotel but I did not appreciate how I was treated my management. I work in the tourist industry, so I know how things work. They did not do the right thing. Poor!!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting sjo for years never stayed here I always enjoyed the presidente 8th floor suites but it became restrictive on hobby pursuits
Anyhow was in town for a couple of days biz stayed here and loved it
Jazmin at check in little diamond I arrived very early from Miami and requested early check in. No problem
Super clean room kind of boutique feel
Breakfast included at the Italian restaurant was adequate but with superb. I mean superb service picture DENNYS with four seasons wait staff
Had dinner here one night. Manuel the waiter great suggestions above par food the beef carpaccio was honestly one of the best I’ve had
They had a little sports bar that opens at night. Melissa and the manager Laura are truly a team. Great service great chat all around good people
I had a slight hiccup but probably completely my fault
The casino was fun. Although you had to pay for drinks new one on me. I’m not an avid gambler so no big deal
As a single traveler you cannot go wrong it’s slap in barrio amon well run super clean
Also I enjoyed the services both transportation and security of a very professional driver please pm me for his details
Will highly recommend and return

Date of stay: April 2018