“Excellent gastronomic experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I recently visited with my family. We started with a focaccia with tomato and cheese for a great beginning! Our main courses were both ingenious and tasteful. My steak had a superb sauce including mushrooms and Amaretto that it is hard to compare and do it justice. Highly recommended. My family had spaghetti and penne for their pasta: the first dish had anchovies and olive oil; the second had a sauce from Tony’s recipe including shrimp and mushrooms with a tomato sauce. All I can say is we are happy campers. Service was familiar, elegant and tasteful; always caring. Thanks Tony and Ciro for a wonderful memory!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Except the very excellent food, there were a secret of two bosses Ciro and Tony who they offer the best hospitality and show how Italians are the best in the gastronomy world. If u are in San Jose, it is a must.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was an amazing surprise at Escalante neighborhood.
The service was outstanding and the food is one of the BEST Italian meals I have ever had. Also it is a great environment in a lovely region.
I strongly recommend.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is a superb little restaurant on the corner of a trendy part of this university town, a suburb of San Jose. My only regret is that I ate lunch here, not dinner, as I am sure that would have been so much more fun. The owner, Tony is a friend of one of my guests and made a big fuss of us when we arrived which impressed me. But he welcomes everyone and loves to talk with his customers. He suggested we select a fish that he had just filleted and we said OK. We started with focaccia caprese, which was delicious. The fish was delicate and wonderful with a citrus, olive oil and garlic sauce. We all shared the creme brûlée (they call it flan) which was, as I expected, extremely yummy. Washed down with a malbec that chef recommended, this was a delightful experience.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

All true Italian style, great food and occasional attention from the chef, we had the mozzarella parmigiana, lasagna bolognese and a house day ravioli with mushrooms special sauce, delightful! Italian beers and wines to go with.