Hotel Casa Roland San Jose
USD 118*
USD 97*
USD 82*
Bookit.com
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
USD 155*
USD 65*
  • Breakfast included
USD 215*
Orbitz.com
All reviewsan art galleryresidential neighborhoodcosta ricanever felt unsafewe arrived late at nightspoke englishflight homebreakfast includedgreat place to stayvery nice hotelclean roomspavasazafranairportfurnishingsdowntowntaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We had to stay at Casa Roland when our flight to Puerto Jiminez was cancelled due to bad weather. It is located quite close to the Pavas (Tobias Bolanos) Airport, so it was very convenient place to stay in time for an early morning flight. The staff was nice, the inn was nicely decorated, and it's located in a pretty safe area.

However, we got stuck in Room 1, which is right in the front of the hotel. The bed and room were comfortable, but it was extremely loud. We could hear the music in the lobby blasting all evening, then a bunch of drunken revelers were hanging out in the bar until 1:30 am (on a Sunday night) shouting for drinks and food until my husband called the front desk and complained. I'm not sure whether the rest of the hotel was subject to this level of noise, but I would guess not, since no one else seemed to be bothered. So ask for any room except rooms 1 and 2 and you should be safe.

Complimentary breakfast was fantastic and we got a ride to the airport as well.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 1 or 2.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My son and I discovered this wonderful hotel quite by chance. We randomly chose it from a list of hotels on our GPS. What a god send. This is a beautiful, classy hotel and was wonderful break from the crazy traffic and rain we experienced in San Jose. It is a beautiful facility with a nice, helpful bilingual staff. The space is gorgeous. There is a plethora of artwork in this wonderful hotel. It has a bar and restaurant. The rooms are incredible with awesome linens, a refrigerator, DVD, phone, WIFI, etc. Our room was on the second floor. In the morning I got up to read in a lovely sitting area outside of our room while I waited for my son to wake up. They serve a full breakfast cooked to order. They also have properties in Manual Antonio, Golfito, and Nosara. We absolutely loved this hotel and it was only $80 a night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We arrived here late from the International Airport. We had booked this hotel as it was close to the domestic airport, Tobias Bolanos airport, for our early flight the next day. It had good reviews and did not disappoint. The welcome was friendly and the room good. Breakfast was included and was enjoyable. The hotel booked us a taxi to take us the 5 minutes to the airport the next morning. This hotel was perfect for what we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank somersetgirlLondon
Reviewed 22 February 2011

On my way to the Osa Peninsula I had a stopover at the Casa Roland in San Jose.....WELL....what a wonderful experience.......after a long day of travelling to be greeted by Alicia (the best hotel worker I have ever met)......and then checked into my wonderfully clean & well appointed guestroom......along the way to guestroom the walls of the hotel are well appointed with various pieces of art & wall hangings.....truly amazing........a very nice lounge in the basement as well as a workout area!!!!! Later that night the lounge staff were wonderful..........the only bad thing was.......I HAD TO DEPART VERY EARLY the next day........and did not get to enjoy a second day of hassle free & friendly service". If you are going to be in San Jose......Casa Roland is the place to stay.....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank traveller1NY
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We've just returned from our stay at Hotel Casa Roland. It couldn't have been more pleasant. The breakfast was especially fine - food to order, fruit, and of course coffee. And the people! They really do treat you like family. We needed a birthday cake - no problem. A ride somehwere - of course. Help with a phone call - their pleasure. We stayed five nights, and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family