USD 144
USD 124
USD 154
USD 106
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
USD 138
USD 93
USD 102
USD 99
Hotels.com
Hotel Santo Tomas(San Jose)
USD 70
USD 68
  • Breakfast included
USD 181
USD 175
Orbitz.com
All reviewssingle malebeautiful womenshapes and sizescosta ricachristmas vacationair portinteresting peoplemain shoppingnight lifecentral americathe hotel is cleantwo nightslargosjodowntownjosecab
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Where do I start with my stay at the Hotel Del Rey??? Oh I know, how about the airport when I fist arrived??? I had arranged for a shuttle pick up a couple weeks in advance and even received an email confirmation, but when I arrived nobody was there to pick me up. I called and was told there was nothing regarding a pick up attached to my reservation, I ended up taking Uber to the hotel. When I got out of the car I was immediately approached by the neighborhood drug dealer(who was conveniently perched on the hotel doorstep) and asked if I wanted an "8 ball" security of course does nothing. As I'm checking into the hotel I can't help but notice how dark, dreary, and "crypt" like the lobby and the rest of the hotel looks. I get checked into my room(again, dark and dreary hallways) and "unpack", as I go to open the fridge I notice a pad lock on it so I call down and ask "why the lock?" The front desk tells me because there is alcohol in it and if you want access you need to leave your credit card. Last but not least, I can't forget the incident of me and room service. I had ordered a couple cheeseburgers for a "friend" and me but when we bit into them they were raw on the inside. I called room service and they came and picked them up. I told the food server to make sure I'm not charged for the burgers, well they charged me, and when I asked to get them removed I was told it's to late(they ended up taking them off my bill). The only thing positive about the Hotel Del Rey is the beautiful women that come in the hotel. If it wasn't for them the Del Rey would have gone "belly up" decades ago. If you're looking for a typical dive hotel that you would find in the states(in a seedy neighborhood) than the Hotel Del Rey is for you!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I cancelled 2 weeks in advance and they kept the entire advanced payment. As soon as you reserve online your credit card is hit rather than at checkout time. That’s all I can say
Jdkdfkckckfkkkkvkvk kigkgvkvvkvkvkbovlfkvkvkvlvvvlgiridudufuxjdckfkfidifuufkciffifkckigog

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Franklyn P
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Terrible experience will never stay here again! Loud music, can't sleep at night, filthy rooms that are out dated. Not worth the $100.00 per night. I wish I had stayed at the Marriott or Aloft instead. Drug dealers hang outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: The wifi is horrible it keeps going in and out.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank SALMAN K
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here several times. Mostly for the beautiful ladies who are fun and try to make your dream come true. The hotel rooms leave a bit to be desired but, they are sufficient for the use. I have a great time every time I go. The staff is very nice, and not just to get your money. Try it you’ll like it.....if your single.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
9  Thank xanax1
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Del Rey the first two nights of my Christmas vacation (December 2017) and one night 12 days later before my departure from Costa Rica. It is an older place located in downtown San Jose but it is upgraded and clean. It is certainly the most famous “cat house” in Central America and a must see for every male tourist. All staff: front desk, managers (dressed in black suits), bar maids, and cleaning maids are very courteous and friendly. After reading reviews, I was very careful to review all receipts and always paid cash for bar drinks as they were delivered. Sure enough, after dinner, I was given a bill that was three times the cost of what I ordered. I raised heck and was assured my a manager that it was just a mistake. Maybe - but I never ate in the Del Rey again. The girls in the establishment are all generally very attractive with some being quite beautiful. Their approach varies from very aggressive to complete wall flowers. Lady prices are negotiable, but every single one of them will short the room visit time claiming the time is over! These very pleasant ladies have to work (not to buy drugs but to feed families) and all of them will readily agree to an hour and a half visit for the price of an hour. To make this work you absolutely must show them as you set your phone stop watch at the start of the visit. They will still want to bail, but you can still get over an hour of visit time.

The best thing about the Del Rey is security!! All girls have their ID’s copied every time they enter the Del Rey and can only visit a room with signed approval from the registered guest after the lady, once again, gives their ID to management. Management is extremely strict on these requirements. There is no such thing as spending time with a street lady with absolutely no security. There are security cameras everywhere throughout the hotel. If a lady rips off a guest - they are black balled from the Del Rey forever. One of the main shopping districts of San Jose is one block down the hill. During the day, this waking street shopping district (many blocks long) with some great restaurants is crowed with very well dressed friendly affluent locals. A pair of uniformed policemen are posted every block (completely safe area). I never ventured out on the streets at night so I don’t know how safe that is.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends