1,959 results
All reviews beautiful hotel garden suite victorian mansion rooftop jacuzzi one night costa rica our honeymoon boutique hotel open courtyard last night an oasis beautiful room next morning standard room would highly recommend this hotel small hotel long flight
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Stayed here twice. Room in old mansion was great. Loved the front desk personnel. Restaurant was very good too but waiters seemed to have a bit of an attitude. The location seemed very good relative to the center of town.

Room Tip: Older part
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Nice hotel close to central San Jose. Outside and public areas are beautiful. The open courtyard outside the restaurant inside the hotel could be considered breathtaking. The restaurant was very good and the ambience was lovely. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed in a deluxe room which was fairly small. Bathroom was pretty basic. Bed was ok. It was fine a short two-night stay, I really wouldn't stay longer than that. Didn't really feel the accommodations were worth the price, which was high for a San Jose hotel with no resort amenities. At the time of our visit there was major construction going on.

This is a pretty well-known hotel so it's easy for cab drivers to interpret when you tell them where you need to go. Located about 25 minutes from San Jose airport.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Beautiful, boutique style hotel that centres around a lovely courtyard that is beautifully lit up at night. Attentive service, good food served and great value. Bar prices are really reasonable too. Would stay again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Grano de Oro on our recent trip to Costa Rica. What a beautiful hotel!

We were there on 3 separate days/nights as we toured different parts of the country.

The hotel is a beautifully restored Victorian Mansion with different rooms on different levels. I chose the Garden Room Suite and loved it! We had our own private terrace and the room was gorgeous. The staff couldn’t have been more accommodating at every level.

The restaurant was amazing-food was of the highest caliber, taste & creativity.

Would highly recommend using this Hotel as your entry and exit hotel from Costa Rica. Beautiful, luxurious & serene.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a gem! It's a lovely converted colonial manor house that's well located in the heart of San Jose but feels like a little oasis. My romantic was tranquil and comfortable and there were lovely touches like a fruit platter on arrival. My absolute favourite thing was the staff, who were genuinely helpful and friendly. The restaurant is also very good. They don't have a buffet breakfast (probably because it's a small hotel) but have a la carte breakfast with a good selection and everything I had was yummy. I had dinner in the restaurant two nights in a row - it was very good both times!

I hope to stay here when I return to San Jose in a few months. I visited during low season, and unfortunately I don't think the budget will stretch to the high season rates... But fingers crossed...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business