“We wanted lamb dishes and tthis was recommended..”
Review of Sash Restaurant

Sash Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 756 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 11 - USD 30
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In Arab cuisine "Sash" is the oven where the bread that traditionally accompanies Eastern dishes are prepared. Condiments, colors, aromas and special ingredients make our Lebanese food tickle your senses. We invite you to taste the legacy that generations have preserved and today we serve with pride! Bon Appetite!
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The restaurant is clean and well appointed. A comfortable place with excellent service. The food was remarkably tasty. We both had the only dish exclusively lamb. There was a kabob, rib and several very small chops. Over all was a rather heavy sauce or gravy which was tasty but seemed to drown the flavor of the lamb. The tahini was excellent as was the arugula salad.. We shared an appetizer sampler and all on it were tasty.. The Baklava was very unlike any that I have had in the past. It was lightly sweetened, but no heavy honey which most serve. I found it quite refreshing when dipped into the ground pistachio and almonds that were served over it.. We were there for a late lunch... It is worth repeating, especially if they have the 50% off offering on the menu.. Without the discount, count on spending $100 per two people to dine...

1  Thank islandjerr

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

This is a very good Mediterranean food restaurant. Well located, nicely decorated, and with excellent food and service.

We had the Mesa for 3 and enjoyed all of it (a bit heavy on the meat, in my opinion).

The main downside is the price. This place is not cheap at all. The Mesa is about $100 by itself. We took advantage of a 50% off offer, which made it more reasonably priced.

If you don't mind the cost, I recommend it.

1  Thank Jorge V
Reviewed 25 December 2015

I went to sash on a night they had 50% off.First they rushed us with food removing food as soon finished anything.when Bill arrived they charged us full price.when I pointed this to waiter he said they gave regular price bill before showing us real bill(how stupid did he think I was). They also charged me for an extra drink another $8 when I got 50% off bill I was still overcharged about $15 they also had dollar worth 10% less then it was.
Worth. So if you ever eat here CHECK your bill I am sure the person who gives bill
Went to different school thenyou

1  Thank Alan G
Reviewed 18 December 2015

We were staying within walking distance of Sash Restaurant, and a few people recommended it. It was the best food and very original. My husband is Middle Eastern and he loved everything. We went three times and would gladly go back. The portions are very large, and we had leftovers!! Service was great, and we were treated to the upstairs room with belly dancing! Recommend this restaurant to everyone!! Prices are good also.

1  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed 13 October 2015

The food is great and the service is superb; probably best Lebanese in town. My wife and I visit often, unfortunately is not as close to our house as we wish. I recommend the dishes to share as you get to taste more different flavors. My lust visit was for lunch but the night visits even offer a better experience because of the decoration and lighting.