“Train Tracks Pizza as we call it.”

Lolo's Pizza and Vinery
Ranked #141 of 823 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was volunteering at a hostel in San Jose and we had a big group of peace core volunteers check in, they kept mentioning they were going to "train tracks pizza". I asked and asked and no one would let me in on this knowledge of a hidden pizza place until a few days later after a few late nights did I finally gain their trust enough for them to tell me about this restaurant. I won't divulge how to get there but it is amazing once found. The location, how you get inside and the ambiance once inside is really what sells the place. The pizza and the wine are a splurge for a backpacker, but well worth it if its been a while on the road. If you want to impress a date, simply having the knowledge of this place should be sufficient to get the job done but if not you can actually take them here and have an awesome date. Love Lolo's but it will always be referred to as Train Tracks Pizza for me.

BTW, the train tracks are active, be careful when walking to or from this place.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Love the unique table furniture, the picuresque setting, perfect shade of palm trees, fantastic food and servide , and of course the big pink Pig. Great place to enjoy a relaxing lunch on the coast..

Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

I lived in New York for 4 years and this is still some of the best pizza I have ever eaten. The hot sauce is absolutely amazing. The decorations are cute and kitschy. The wine selection is pretty good. You'll pay a little more, but you will get what you pay for. Absolutely freaking delicious. The owner of my favorite hostel in San Jose (Galileo) brought me here. Then when my friend came back to visit a few months later, I took him back again. This is the perfect hidden secret, and probably my favorite restaurant in the city.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Very cost hidden secret of Chepe by the rail tracks in Los Yoses. Delicious thin crust pizza's. Good service - honest price

1  Thank Martano
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Lolo's was a good recommendation. A cool little spot, right of the train tracks. However, the owner was BLARING Led Zepplin over the stereo. We asked if he could turn it down just a little bit, so we could hear each other talk (the was only one other couple in the restaurant at the time). He turned it off. We sincerely said "Oh we're sorry, you don't have to turn it off, maybe down just a little bit". Before we could finish saying that, he threw his hands in the air and made a SHHHHHH noise. We tried once again to explain, and received an even more insistent SHHHHHHH, with a finger pointed directly at us. Also he apparently raised the price of each pizza by four dollars making it $22 dollars per pizza. Not worth it. There was another pizza place nearby, I think it was called Fabrica...much better.

3  Thank Seth D