“Delicious food in large portions”

History Gastro Lounge
Ranked #16 of 194 Restaurants in Escazu
Description: From Europe to Costa Rica, we bring you the best urban concept of restaurant, coffee break and lounge. History Gastro Lounge brings the best service, atmosphere and state of the art products all fresh from the kitchen to your table. We use the best ingredients from the local and international markets such as Hot Dutch cheese, Red and Black Angus, wild salmon, lamb from New Zealand and many more.
Reviewed 31 October 2018

I would have given this restaurant 5 stars because their food was really excellent. However, they lost points because we had ordered room service and they neglected to bring one of the orders. Had to wait another 20 minutes for them to bring it.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

They changed the menu. And I hate it. I asked for a Ribeye burger and they changed it completely, without the courtesy of let me know beforehand. And I had to pay for something I couldn't eat

The service is great though

Date of visit: October 2018
historygastrolounge, Owner at History Gastro Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Hi sir, we are really sorry that you don´t like the new menu. We invite you to come and try our new burgers on the house. The difference between this burger is that we don´t use beacon anymore. Our meat is Angus, like always, and fresh ingredients. The bread is homemade and the fries too. We hope to see you soon and once again sorry for the inconvenient.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Last time were in Escazu, the food was great here.This time,no comparison.I was looking foward to having lunch here,so I took a walk from the apartment we were staying at.I was by myself,and sat inside.I ordered falafel platter,with fries,and pita bread.Falafel,tasted like it was sitting all day,and they just refried it.Pita bread,how can you screw it up? Dry,overheated,also stale.The fries were really good.They also make a good limonada.Unfortunatly,wont be going back.They really let this place go

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We chose here simply because it was a 2 minute walk from our hotel. We ended up LOVING IT.

Fantastic service
Vegetarian-friendly menu
Competitive prices for the area
Fresh ingredients and perfectly executed dishes
DELICIOUS dessert- same room!

He got the Fettuccine and said it was the best he's had. It was very fairly-priced at 7,475 colones.

I got the Vegetable Antipasto appetizer plate which came with tons of seasoned vegetables, olives, pita, and homemade garlic oil. It was a steal at 4,250 colones. I couldn't finish the whole thing.

We ended the meal with a slice of chocolate mousse pie (their desserts change) and it was amazing.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018

History is one of those places that had their best times in the past. The restaurant has a menu a little old to my taste and the infrastructure is old.
I think it should improve the administration and refresh both the menu and the restaurant.
The last time I visited the place my food seemed a bit cold, lack of flavor and expensive.

Date of visit: January 2018