“Good French Restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I wouldn't say it is the most authentic french cuisine flavor wise (being from France), with the definite exception of the steak tartare, which exceeded some restaurants in Paris. The selection was up to par. Some of the menu items are over priced. If you are in the area and want good atmosphere and meal, I would recommend.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Went there for a romantic dinner (anniversary) and was not dissapointed. The atmosphere was nice, dimly lit and cozy. The service was very good, the waiter was friendly. The food was delicious; we ordered filet mignon, mushroom carpaccio and and fish, all which where cooked well and had lots of flavour. At the end we where very full so we did not order dessert, however they gave us a small dessert on the house, which was very thoughtful (probably since they knew it was a dinner for an special ocasion as we did make reservations). Overall great experience. The only reason I did not rate 5 stars is because I would've liked more options for drinks, as well as some side dishes such as the mashed potatoes where a bit flat in flavour.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I am not sure how many times I have been to L'ile de France but I can say that this is an amazing restaurant. The service is very fast, friendly and helpful. Also, the it has an awesome decoration. I would say this is a perfect option for going out at night.

The meals are amazing here, all the seafood that I have tasted here has always been incredible. Good selection of wines. The desserts are great also, specially the creme brulee.

The prices is what you would expected from a place in Avenida Escazu but going here is definitely worth it.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Service was slow and the taste of the food wasn't great It was a disappointing and expensive experience

1  Thank Cynthia A
Gabriel S, Gerente at Restaurante L'Ile de France, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear, first of all want to thank you take time to write a review about our restaurant.
I also take to ask if you can expand the problems he had with the service and disgust with food.
I would also like to invite another opportunity to change that perception restaurant and really comprehensive experience that we try to convey is carried at all times.

Regards
gsteren@enjoyrestaurants.net

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Went here last night with my husband for his birthday. The service was great, we got seated, even without a reservation, and the food was good... but not great. The beef bourgignon was better than my chateubriand which was a lot tougher than I would have expected... not as tender as that type meat should be.

Moules frites were good but definitely not a French recipe if you've lived there and expect a certain flavor / preparation.

Overall it was a good experience but I don't know that I'd go back for the price and quality of food we got.