“Wonderful lamb!”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 48
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Mediterranean is our reason of being, with a wider concept that doesn't only include the food but also the health, the arts, the conversations and the friendships that are born in our table. Our influences come from the culinary and culturally richness of 22 Mediterranean countries.
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I ordered the combination lamb plate. There was so much that I took half home for another meal. I had lamb chops, shoulder and meatballs. I didn't think I'd enjoy the lamb meatballs and I was happy to be wrong. It's hard to find lamb in Costa Rica and this was wonderful!

1  Thank hgsearch

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We had one of a kind experience at Sofia Mediterraneo. Mr. Mehmet, the owner is a real gem to talk to about food & the philosophy of eating. Their food is to die for. Lamb dish is an epic. Variety of mouth watering mazes & I had a best kefta in my life there. Service is impeccable and the staff are knowledgeable and pleasant. This Amazing family owned restaurant is at a beautiful neighborhood name Barrio Escalante, in SanJosé CostaRica.
You should try this place If you’re in San Jose.
It’s better to get reservation on the weekends.
❤️

1  Thank mariiiamt
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great friendly service in a quaint restaurant. Very clean. Prompt service. Man playing nice background music on keyboard. Fresh food... Everything was perfect!

2  Thank R1318CDdanb
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Cozy ambiance, excellent service, great food! Try grilled octopus, lamb chops and stew, green peppercorn steak! Fresh fish and veggie dishes are great too! Tip: Start with the Sofia assorted platter while ordering!

2  Thank Molly D
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This was our final dinner in Costa Rica. We went to the Gastronomica area by Uber and this was the first stop. Never got further. They have something for all. If you like Mediterranean food you will love this place. The owner is Turkish and the fish and lamb dishes were exquisite, The wine selection was wonderful and our waiter Allen was extremely attentive. Very authentic dishes and the tastes were delicious !

2  Thank bigdadwangchung