Open today: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Girls Can Fish Too!

Thank you for making our girls fishing trip the best day in Costa Rica. I thoroughly enjoyed... read more

Reviewed 13 June 2018
Cheryl B
The Surefire Sportfishing Charter in Quepos

Reviewed 21 March 2018
RandomActofFishing
Miami, Florida

All reviews top notch fish ceviche first class operation offshore trip rudy baits mates crew boat dock costa fleet guys techniques bite trolling
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Awesome offshore trip out of Quepos! "Fughedaboutit" Sportfishing runs a first class operation - communication setting up the trip was excellent. I could tell I made a smart choice from the initial correspondence.

I had the pleasure of spending the day trolling offshore with the MoonWalker team - Rudy, Flaco, and Champo. What an impressive, hardworking, and skilled crew. From the moment we left the dock, to the time we stepped off the boat at the end of the day - this crew went above and beyond to put us on the fish. They clearly have a passion for their sport and take their offshore fishing game seriously! The boat, equipment, and techniques were all top notch (no amateur operators here) - mates Flaco and Champo were meticulous in their rigging and stayed "on the ball" all day, which is no small feat in Costa Rican heat. What impressed me the most was the diligence this crew put forward - when the bite was slow on dead baits, they made a run to a commercial fishing fleet moored offshore to catch live bait - this was key in persuading the yellowfins to bite - and bite they did! We put four chunky 40lb tunas in the boat and had bites on every bridle rigged bonito which went into the water. This crew was amiable, courteous, and made the extra effort to ensure the trip was nothing less than spectacular. I was blown away on the ride home when Champo delicately prepared a tuna sashimi plate dressed with soy sauce, wasabi, and chop sticks! Truly a first class fishing charter experience - can't wait to come back!

1  Thank RandomActofFishing
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We went out with Ricardo and Rudy on the Idra and what an amazing life experience!! We got a 35” rooster fish, snapper which we took to our hotel and had ceviche and fillets prepared for us, jack and a catfish!! Great guys and great boat!! Have to do your trip with them, they know the spots!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I booked a 1/2 day tour with Blue Fin to take my boys on their first charter experience. We were picked up promptly at our hotel, San Bada. We boarded the Blue Fin II at the Quepos marina pier. This is also where adults purchase fishing licenses for $15, kids 15 and under are free. The father/son crew were very friendly and had water, sodas, beer for us as well as snacks of chips and fruit. They asked what kind of fish we were after and we talked options and recommendations, we decided to target mackrel, black fin tuna, crockodile needlefish, rooster and bonita. We reeled in 1st of ten fish a half hour into the trip. We had a great time and brought in a king mackrel, 6 spanish mackrel, 2 black fin and a bonita while losing 3 or 4 others. We also spent some time tryng to get live bait for rooster with no luck. We had a great time with a great crew with the only problem being keeping track of whose turn it was to jump in the fighting chair. Oh and we got up close and personal with a whale that was also fishing nearby... which was awesome.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

If you are looking to book a Fishing Trip in Quepos, I highly recommend Sam, at Queposfishing, I guarantee he will get you "hooked up". As my family was preparing for my latest trip to Costa Rica, we were lucky enough to contact Sam to book a charter aboard the "Monkey Shine". In addition to my book , having 11 total people in my party, he was also able to book my brother's family on the Moon Walker the same days.

We do a lot of fishing, I've taken many charter boats, but as my wife said yesterday this was the best day ever, the boat the Sam arranged was incredible. Attention to detail is critical when fishing, the mates never left anything to chance, diligently checking lines and ensuring all baits were not only in pristine shape but also set properly. Fishing, of course, is a lot of luck, but sometimes you make your own luck and the top notch Captain, Crew, Boat, Bait and Gear no doubt assisted in that luck, landing 6 sailfish while other boats had a slow grind that day.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Absolutely awesome experience!
We booked the 38 ft Luhrs for a full day charter.
The crew was very nice, very helpful and very professional from start to finish!
Helping my wife and I land 4 huge sailfish within just a couple hours after missing a couple others and seeing at least 40-50 of them on the surface. The captain put the baits right over them but I guess only 4 of them were hungry today. Not the crews fault at all. We had a blast and will be back!!
I contacted and booked through Sam. Very nice and very fast to respond!
I highly recommend this company and this boat!!