All reviews teak house min walk squirrel monkeys anita host jungle kitchen manuel nature treetops cabin troop
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at Casa Buena Vista B&B for the first 4 nights of my 3 week trip to Costa Rica. It was quite affordable. I traveled the entire country and this location had probably the best view from the room, breakfast area, and guesthouse in general. There was a private road that led right down to the beach not to far from the house. It was a short walk to the other attractions and restaurants. The price was well worth it compared to the other nearby locations. We stayed in a room that was connected to a common area that had a kitchen, dining area, and living room. It felt like we had a whole house to ourselves even with other travelers staying at the location. The balcony had a hammock that was next to the rest of the sitting area. It was great being able to have some drinks, chill on the balcony with the ocean-view, and socialize with other travelers each night.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that are connected to the common area, but only if the location isn't really full. If really full, it might get loud or have a lot of traffic into the kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I'm from the United States, but am teaching and living in Costa Rica. When my boyfriend booked a flight to visit me, I wanted him to experience one of the prettiest areas that I knew of in CR. I looked for places to stay in Quepos and saw this VERY reasonably priced B&B and contacted Anita. She was a huge help and really easy-going. For $50/night in a room with air conditioning and breakfast included, I was blown away with how wonderful the entire property was and especially how helpful and friendly Anita was. We got to know her fairly well during our short stay and we will definitely be returning someday. Without any hesitation, I highly recommend this place for people who need a place to sleep, want to be enveloped in the outdoors, but don't want to spend a fortune, and want a beautiful view of the country.

Room Tip: It's worth paying $10 more for AC.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Casa Buena Vista B & B is wonderful. The views are perfect, the rooms are clean, the owner is very nice, the kitchen is great, and the common area is relaxing! We had nothing but a wonderful experience there for two nights. We definitely recommend it and will stay there if/when we return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We so loved our stay with Anita. I used to live in MA and the location of this place was so perfect. Great walking access to beaches......sure they are steep but such great exercise and great way to burn Imperial calories.

Breakfast was so great. Anita talks with everyone and mingles. We met awesome people each morning and chatted over great food and Anita was so helpful with reccomendations for our trip to Monteverde.

Will stay here again.

Room Tip: They are all good! Really liked though having a fridge and stove to cook with.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It was my first time visiting Costa Rica last week, and my friend found Casa Buena Vista on AirBNB. We stayed for 3 nights here, and we had an amazing time. We had complimentary breakfast every morning with a great view of the ocean, there was a hammock on deck that for you to lay around and enjoy the scenery, and it was also close to restaurants and stores and made it easy to get around. Anita was welcoming and friendly, she always came down to say hi during breakfast and ensured that we felt at home. I would definitely stay here again, if ever in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: Its on a hill, so if you don't have a car be prepared to walk up the hill to get to the restaurants and stores. Also, it gets dark at 6 so be sure to pack a mini flashlight.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends