“Loved it!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Quepos
San Francisco, California
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed at La Sirena Hotel for three nights with my husband and my 2 sons. This hotel was amazing, totally what I expected. It is well located, right in the middle of everything. The wifi worked perfectly on my kindle fire. The kids loved the pool, it is very clean and refreshing. Also, the manager, Lucy, was lovely. She helped us with some little problems we had at the airport and everything went on perfectly. Basically, Quepos and Manuel Antonio are very beautiful places, and this hotel was comfortable and nice.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms near the pool for easy access.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
mount laurel
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I recently stayed at La Sirena with my wife for 3 nights. When you first arrive it may seem like a sketchy area, but as soon as I got my bearing, it wound up being a great location. Within walking distance to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. Very good security, did not feel at all unsecure. The drive to Manuel Antonio beaches was about 5 minutes or so, buses everywhere for 50cents, Really enjoyed staying there, nice addequate pool. The value here is in the price, its not a fancy place, its just clean and comfortable. If you dont want to spend tons of money on your room and save it for all the fun things to do around the area, then this is a great place to still have a comfortable and clean stay. **side bonus just two blocks from there, there is a restaurant called BOHEMIA Cafe, it is phenominal, its a must try in Quepos. We wound up going there every night after our first.**

2 Thank chris s
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This was a cute little hotel with friendly staff and good accommodations. The rooms are cozy, with a TV, a refrigerator, AC and safe. Its in Quepos, so its not right on the beach - definitely a plus in my book. Buses go every 20 minutes to Manuel Antonio (the beaches you would probably want to go to) from about 2 blocks away, and takes about 15 minutes. The town itself doesn't have much - I like Cafe Milagro, but the other restaurant we tried wasn't that great. But I also enjoyed being away from the bustle of the hotels/bars/restaurants that cover the entire road from Quepos to Manuel Antonio.

The breakfast was extremely simple, but nice - fresh cooked eggs, fresh fruit, good coffee and toast.

It was perfect for me, not trying to be anything it wasn't, but with everything well done. The only parking was on the street, but I would recommend against renting a car in Costa Rica anyway.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I recently spent three nights at Hotel La Sirena. I specifically chose a hotel in town because I wanted to be able to explore - walk around, shop, meet people, etc., not lay out all day on the beach or the pool.

Everyone at the hotel was nice. Carolina and Jorge worked the front desk and Don Ramon worked the evening/night-security shift. Upon checking-in, Carolina helped me to book all of my tours; she was even able to squeeze me into a few that had been “sold out.” I visited Manuel Antonio National Park, did a Catamaran/snorkeling tour and took a Horseback ride to the local waterfalls. All the tours knew exactly where the hotel was for pick up/drop off.

This was not a fancy hotel but was very comfortable – except for the front lobby, it looks just like the pictures online (note, no elevators). My room was very clean but basic; as others have mentioned, it was small but I did not visit Costa Rica to stay in my room. On the other hand, my room had plenty of hot water, both a modern air conditioning unit and a ceiling fan and the TV had cable. The room also had a small refrigerator - it was turned off when I arrived and since I didn’t need it, I didn’t bother to turn it on. While the room had a phone for local calls, I sometimes had problems calling out (I think the front desk had to do something to make it work?). The one thing I appreciated was that the hotel had one phone (in the lobby) that made calls to the USA for free; I was able to call my family at no charge.

There is no front lobby area to hang out, instead you would do this in the breakfast area next to the pool. They have two computers, one by the front desk and the other by the breakfast/pool area. All tours pick up at the front lobby.

The breakfast was simple but good: toast, fresh fruit, coffee/juice and eggs made to order. This is the only option for breakfast and they do not have a breakfast menu for further options so if you don’t want this, you will need to eat out (which I did the second day).

I would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a clean and comfortable place to stay. If you want a resort experience, this is not the place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This little hotel which everyone seems to like, has a lot of problems. First and foremost the rooms. Most were "claustrophobically" small, ours with the tv attached to the ceiling. No decorations, ugly white curtains, small and oudated bathrooms. As most are in the interior courtyard, you cannot have the curtains open. I was offered a worse room in a back corridor without light which i declined. You can hear the street noise at night. In the morning the staff begins preparing the breakfast at 6am and they wake you up because they do it directly in that open courtyard. The service was polite and the nice pool had only two lounge chairs to sit in which were taken by serial sunbathers. The price was not that low for that quality. I really think that "cute" and "clean" are not sufficient anymore in 2012.

Room Tip: Second floor in the back
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
0.1 km away
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
#3 of 46 in Manuel Antonio
4.9 km away
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalo...
#17 of 46 in Manuel Antonio

Been to La Sirena Hotel? Share your experiences!