eDreams
Priceline
All reviews great host costa rica a great place to stay peace and quiet steve esteban vj wildlife
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2015

We had a very nice stay here. The room was very basic with just 2 beds and a closet, but since it was just used for sleeping we didnt mind. The common area was very nice with some sofa's and two hammocks. Also the breakfast you can order there is very nice, definitely recommend it!

The place is at walking distance from Quepos but we would reccomand to use a taxi, they can call it for you at any time and it cost you only about 2 euro's. From Quepos you can take the bus to manual antonio for just 50 cents!

Date of stay: November 2014
1  Thank Rick v
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

We had a short stay at villa Jacquelina but we really appreciated it. The house is really nice and also the view on the mountains wich offer a good sun rise. People in the house were friendly and Steven is a good host. We'll come back there next time no doubt

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micky M
Reviewed 12 September 2015

All in all it was a peaceful and relaxing place to stay, but we found it to be a touch on the pricey side, and location wise not great.

The rooms are fairly basic but satisfactory, not the comfiest but did the job OK.

It was really quiet when we travelled, only one other guest was staying. We had booked the most expensive option, a room with private bathroom, though essentially all the rooms had private bathrooms, so it was a completely unnecessary expense; we weren't offered beds in separate rooms to compensate either (which would have been little difference to them.) I was also effectively forced to leave a tip too on top of this, which I never like doing!

We were also hoping for something a bit more lively backpacker-wise - this was clearly not the right place for that (no alcohol to be brought in from outside!) The location was nice and quiet, but there was very little to do nearby. The town Quepos is a short walk but it wasn't very nice at all and there were very limited eating out options - we ended up in a Subway.

On the plus side the terrace was an excellent place to unwind and the breakfast (and coffee!) was fantastic. The guide that Steve recommended for the Manuel Antonio tour was also phenomenal.

All in all would recommend if you're looking for a quiet retreat but you'll need a car to get anywhere decent.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I recently stayed at Villas Jacquelina and it was amazing! I cannot wait to go back with my family! It is in a perfect spot surrounded by beautifull Costa Rican nature and wildlife. The views from the decks are awesome and I especially loved sitting on the rooftop deck in the morning to see some gorgeous sunrises! I like the fact that it is not right in the city of Quepos but is very close and has easy access to town and also very close to Manuel Antonio. The setting is very relaxing and quiet. This is a great place to stay if you are wanting to do some excursions and then have a nice, peaceful place to come back to enjoy the countryside and mingle with other visitors from other countries. The owner, Steve is super helpful about arranging any outings and transportation needed. Also there is a shuttle that comes right to the house during the day. I highly recommend and will definitely go back myself.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor R
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I was very disappointed with my stay at Villa Jacquelina given the good reviews it has. It is located 10-15min away from the city centre through an unpaved road that has no lights either, what makes it really hard if you want to go out for dinner.

The rooms are quite basic. I booked a room with shared bathroom, the bathroom was only shared with another room. The room did not have any furniture, just the bed and a self. The wifi signal is really poor and did not reach the room.

The description indicates it is a B&B, however breakfast is not included, and it costs $6. It also claims to be affordable accommodation, but it has been the most expensive place I have stayed in Costa Rica, and certainly not the best one.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
SteveCR, General Manager at Villas Jacquelina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Hello,
I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with us at Villas Jacquelina. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction so we take negative feedback very seriously. I am sorry you found our location to be a bit further out of town than you had expected. Most people love our location as the city of Quepos can seem loud and polluted, however I completely understand your the difficulty you found when you wanted to walk to dinner at night.
I am also sorry to hear you did not get a strong Wi-Fi signal in your room. This is something we have tried to work on by bringing top of the line routers from the USA while purchasing the fasted internet possible in Costa Rica. Most guest find our internet works very well but I am sorry that this was not your experience.
Please know that we sincerely care about your satisfaction and would love an opportunity to make it up to you. If you find yourself in the Quepos area again, please give us another shot and enjoy a free one night stay and two free breakfasts on me. We would appreciate the chance to make it up to you.
Pura Vida, Esteban Acedo