I absolutely loved my stay and experience at Finca Exotica. Marcus, Gaby and the whole team are an absolute delight to be with and are very helpful and accommodating.
Where to begin....the landscaping is gorgeous. Perched on a hillside that faces the ocean, and tucked back against Corcovado, Finca Exotica is perfectly placed with the most epic breathtaking views. Monkeys, macaws, toucans, and so many more animals come through and the ocean sound and view is so peaceful. The property has over 120 tropical fruit trees!!! This was one of my favorite things to explore.....tasting all the fruit in season!! It was so fun talking with Marcus and Gaby about their favorite fruits and tasting them together.
We stayed in a cabina the first night and a glamping tent the second night. Both were clean and comfortable. I was in awe by the architecture. The bamboo framing and up-cycled wood used in such an elegant way impressed me. Each structure is an art piece.
I especially enjoyed the ambiance and vibe of Finca Exotica. For meals, we ate at a communal table. It was a great way to get to know other guests and have really engaging conversations. Farm fresh organic produce was incorporated into each beautifully presented and delicious meal. Everything is handmade with intention and love from the tables and chairs, to the food, to the architecture. This is a place to disconnect with technology and connect with people, nature, and yourself.
Last but not least, as I said the vibe is special....so special that we had an impromptu dance party, with Marcus leading the beats, under a disco ball which was hung in a traditional thatched roof. Need I say more?! :) :) :) Thank you!!!! I hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate