All reviews tiki tent beach house garden tour corcovado national park costa rica outdoor shower osa peninsula scarlet macaws other guests ylang ylang musical instruments yoga deck mango big table healthy food open air fresh juice
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our adventure began a couple of miles before arriving to the property when a beautiful and rare tapir crossed on our way while we astonished observed. This place is in the middle of the jungle where you can get a real detox experience.

Finca Exótica has the perfect balance between nature and luxury.
After a short walk we got to the restaurant area where the rustic wooden finishes and cozy lighting captivated us.

Gaby & Markus greeted us and introduced us to Laura who kindly showed us our rooms and then they offered some healthy and delicious appetizers that we shared together. I was pleasantly surprised by how organic and delicious the food was.

This was my first glamping experience and it was wonderful! We stayed in a comfortable Tiki Tent where we fell asleep with the sounds of the ocean & insects and a sinphony of birds woke us up at sunrise.

In the morning we practiced yoga in one of the nicest spaces I have seen, a wooden yoga deck overlooking the ocean and tree´s tops which definitely sets you on the mood to disconnect in order to connect to what truly matters.

After having breakfast we made a tour of the property discovering a wide variety of flora and fauna and as we walked a bunch of monkeys joined us while we tried some of the most exotic and delicious fruits of the area.

Gaby and Markus are one of the kindest couples I have met, they have such a good energy and the hotel´s peaceful atmosphere is just a reflection of their character.

They serve "family style dinner" which is a great opportunity to get to know everyone around you and share the day experiences. They are very attentive and definitely made me feel at home.

A couple of weeks have passed and I already miss that wonderful piece of heaven! Can´t wait to come back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Finca Exotica is incredible. One of my favorite places on Earth. Located in the Osa Peninsula by the Carate beach, tucked in the jungle between Corcovado and the beach.

The staff is so friendly. The owners Gaby and Markus welcomed our group with open arms. They gave us a tour around the property... there are luscious fruit trees and gardens. We even saw capucino monkeys.

I was impressed by the decor. Everything was built with natural upcycled wood. Loved the upcycled bouys in the dining area. They definitely pay attention to detail. The fabric and textiles from South America added a great touch.

The food was outstanding. They source ingredients locally and get creative with tropical native fruit. We had jackfruit ice cream and breadfruit mash. Yum.

We did yoga on the deck, incredible views and equipment.

I highly recommend this spot for couples, families, honeymoons or anyone wanting a high end experience in jungle paradise.

Room tip: Glamping Tents are awesome!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Marko has not found a slice of heaven, he has created a paradise in which you stay. My wife and I were greeted personally by Marko and given a grand tour of the grounds. His knowledge of agriculture , cuisine, and appreciation of the beauty of the Osa give Finca Exotica a setting of beauty and peace which are not equaled. The beauty of the jungle is enhanced by the opportunity to experience it within the comfort of Finca Exotica. The staff Marko has assembled are the epitome of professionals in their attention to detail and mindfulness of guests needs.

My wife and I stayed at Finca Exotica at the beginning of our 2 week stay in Costa Rica. Every other place we stayed after couldn't measure up to what Marko has created within Finca Exotica. After staying in Finca Exotica, you will have been in the nicest part of heaven, where do you go after that? Extend you stay and enjoy all that Finca Exotica and the Osa has to offer.

Room tip: The Tiki Tents are awesome for those who wish a sense of jungle and comfort
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The owners Gabriela and Marcos have done outstanding work in creating this farm, merging very elegantly between rustic lifestyle and high quality of living. The food was over the top, botanical collection was fascinating with amazing diversity of exotic fruit, rooms were delightful.
I deeply enjoyed the "blue zone" sensation, taking a break from digital exposure allowed deeper conversations with other visitors and between us.
Strongly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This place was perfect - exactly what I was looking for. Remote location, but with gourmet food and amenities. The best of both the jungle and the beach. Every meal was amazing, and the owners/employees were phenomenal and extremely solicitous. This place is truly a RARE FIND! I will definitely be going back! I stayed in Casa Raiz and would eagerly recommend it to anyone (as long as you are ok with a bit of an uphill hike to get there).

Room tip: Casa Raiz has the BEST VIEW! Awesome cabin, amazing outdoor shower, no mosquitos.
Date of stay: June 2017