All reviews outdoor kitchen yogurt delicious homemade every morning special property gorgeous bathroom howler monkeys the owner tile work costa rica spread out santa teresa mal pais comfortable beds flora and fauna beautiful place nicoya peninsula
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were so happy staying here. I wasn't sure what to expect and the pressure was on as I was taking my two college age kids away for spring break! Kalapiti was a homerun! We would all love to go back, getting entire villa with friends or family! We stayed upstairs but were the only ones there, that was great. Loved the outdoor shower in our big luxury bathroom! They put a lot of thought into everything... lighting, plugs, kitchen needs, we lacked nothing. A nice full kitchen and lots of seating areas... all to make your own... at least in our case (if not your own it would only include one more family or guest group. Miguel is very hospitable and will help with whatever you need Montezuma itself is very "new hippie" and can be somewhat sketchy but coming back to this villa is the best!!!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, 3 of us, each had our own bed. Loved the outdoor shower! There is afront private patio w/couch.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear family
Thanks a lot for your words. It was a real pleasure for us, having you at Kalapiti. You are so kind.
Your comment makes me very proud. You make me feel the satisfaction of a job well done :-)
I will be waiting for your news. I hope I can have the opportunity to spoil and pamper you and your family on your next visit to Montezuma.
Sincerely

Reviewed 1 August 2017

kalipiti is the best hotel ever! the downstairs and upstairs rooms are so nice! the pool is fun and there is even a water slide! one of the days we were there we saw a lot of white faced monkeys!!! Miguel even ordered pizza for us! the downstairs bed for kids is so cool - it is shaped like a circle! I loved it there! and he made us fresh croissants and cake! I loved it there! - Nicky, child guest!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank heidibp2017
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear family. Your words make me so proud. I am so glad to know that you really enjoy our dream come true. Our goal and challenge do your stay unforgettable. I hope I have achieved it. :-)
So don´t forget the way back to Kalapiti.
I hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Montezuma
Sincerely.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Kalapiti is a beautiful place. We had the whole place to ourselves. It rained for 22 straight hours one day, thank goodness we had such a beautiful place to spread out and enjoy the jungle!

Loved the breakfast fixings and fresh croissants each day!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear customer.
Thanks a lot for your comment.
Unfortunately at rain season, it can happen. But as you said Kalapiti has space enough to enjoy your stay. In that case, our Turkish bath or receive a professional massage at the villa is the best option. It was a real pleasure having you at Kalapiti. Thank you very much for your kindness. Please, don´t forget the way back to Kalapiti, your hidden treasure in paradise :-)

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about this beautiful resort. This is my 4th time in Costa Rica and I think this is my favorite rental yet. And, I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty picky places I stay and this place absolutely exceeded my expectations... even after reading all the positive reviews. I'd like to write a few things that I think might help a future traveler.
Things we loved -
-- Super clean. Like the person who cleans the place really cares about the place and has attention to detail.
-- Lots of wildlife to be seen right on the grounds. Howler monkeys, iguanas, mini frogs, hummingbirds, coconut eating squirrel looking guy. So much without evening having to try.
--Really nicely constructed home. The woodwork and tile work is really great. Lots of thought was put into everything. For example, lots of accessible electric outlets, closets that light up, blackout curtains, hot water with a great shower head.
--When we arrived, there were refreshments, fruit, and bread ready for us.
--Away from the hustle/bustle of Montezuma beach.
--Excellent air conditioning
--Comfortable beds

Some things you'll want to know before you arrive (especially if it's your first time in Costa Rica)
--You drive through unpaved, unmarked roads to get there. Arrive in the daytime.
--It's a 10 minute ride through unpaved roads to get to Montezuma beach. And that's okay.
--Internet inside the home is intermittent.
-- This place consists of two buildings - the owners home (hidden and away from your unit) and the vacation rental. The vacation rental has 2 units to rent - the smaller upstairs unit and he larger downstairs unit. I was in the downstairs unit. There is a beautiful and clean outdoor kitchen to share, a large patio upstairs and swimming patio downstairs, a large beautiful outdoor dining table, and a 25 yard pool and water slide.

We definitely want to come back and next time we will bring another family to stay in the other unit.

Thank you, Miguel, for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We were a family of 4 and had plenty of room in the downstairs unit.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed the last three days of our journey through Costa Rica at Kalapiti. It is an outstanding place to be that is designed with a lot of love to detail. It is beautiful kind of Gaudi/Arabian style Villa - which is not surprise when you know that the owners are from Catalonia.

The Villa has two suites - Sol y Luna. We booked Sol (the smaller one upstairs) which is very spacious for a family with a gorgeous bathroom that features a jacuzzi. As we were the only guests we had the whole place for us.

Incredible is the water slide from the first floor terrace (their are three terraces!) that is really fun. The pool is 15 meters long and features a tower with a jacuzzi and a small waterfall. On the second terrace their is a sauna that we did not try. The Villa is surrounded by a beautiful garden - we saw even howler monkeys in the garden!

The Villa has also its own kitchen that we used for salads and simple dishes. Every morning Miguel the owner provides the included breakfast with delicious homemade croissants, jam and yoghurt.

For lunch or dinner you can ask to be delivered with meals or we drove to Montezuma (about 10min.). You can also go to the area of Mal Pais that is about 30min.

We like boutique hotels and outstanding places - Kalapiti is now one of our favourites. Kalapiti we enjoyed a lot and recommend it highly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear family.
I am so glad to know that you really enjoyed Kalapiti. We put heart and soul on Kalapiti and we are so happy when our customers appreciate.
Thanks a lot for your description. I would not have done better.
We are here to serve you anytime and I hope we can attend you on your next vivit to Montezuma.
Thanks again and take care.